Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Very Forgettable Snow Day!

Before Spring Break we had a debate going on around our house about whether or not it snowed in Austin in 2011. 2011 was known for it's long, dry spell, high heat, and awful drought. I remember the first time it rained in the fall we seriously felt like it was the first time in 10 months that we had any "moisture" as the news reports would say. Why don't they just say rain???  It makes no sense to me. It snows maybe once a year.

Well, apparently it snowed and I have the pictures to prove it! I had even uploaded them to blogger but never posted. But, it did indeed snow on February 4th, 2011 and they had a snow day from school too. Why I mention this debate it really of no value except that because our kids complained to us about not seeing snow in two years (which is pretty much eternity to them) is why we went to Tahoe over Spring Break. Who knew my blog would serve as judicial reference when deciding upon vacations:-)
And I even made homemade donuts with chocolate fondue.  That should have been memorable because that never ever happens.

No comments: