Saturday, October 10, 2015

Nathan's Saturday

This fall I've been spending most of my Saturdays with Nathan.  He drives us to his ballroom dance class and back.  We have to take a couple of freeways and when we aren't on those then it is busy city traffic, so he is getting some great driving practice in with his permit.
I love watching him dance with Ainsley.  He is really loving it!
 Today after class he also drove me to the church to pick up crafts for Super Saturday and then to Ginger's soccer game.  I felt a swelling in my chest (and eyes) when I thought about how my busy Saturdays spent with Nathan will be soon coming to an end when Nathan gets his license and can drive himself to his dance class.  Little did I know that today would have been the last crazy Saturday for awhile.  Nathan went to a party at his friends house and while they were playing murder in the dark Nathan was running and tried to grab onto a banister and slid right past it and down a flight of stairs.  He totally broke his foot:( Part of me is super glad that I recognized the precious moments I was having with my son and that I wasn't feeling like it was another thing on my way too long list of things to do--something I'm afraid I get into the habit of all too quickly.  But, man am I bummed out for Nathan! 
 He came home with a huge bulge on the side of his foot.  It was purple and about the size of a softball.  He kept telling me and Ken that he didn't need to go to the ER he would just take some medicine and ice it.  Umm, yeah!  We told him we were taking him to the ER because that is what we do when our child is broken.  It was probably the quickest ER trip we have ever had.  30 minutes later he had a boot and crutches to take home. 
I really, really hope the recovery goes quickly and he can be back to driving and dancing soon. I'm also super worried about going to school.  His high school is two stories, ugh!

No comments: