Here are snapshots from our trip...
I flew to Salt Lake to catch a flight with Tasha and Stacey to San Francisco.
One of the Best Qoutes of the trip was Tasha explaining how her neighbor's dad is on a hunger strike because "the mom will only keep this-- this-- healthy Crap and stuff in the house."
Tasha has hearing issues so sometimes she talks loud. So this was us 2 seconds after she cracked up the women sitting across from us who could hear every word of the conversation. And then I asked her to take a picture. Really, we weren't annoying or anything:-) And yes, we still totally gossip about all the people around us even though we live in totally different cities and states!
I was honestly very worried we may get kicked off the plane. Little did I know we had serious competition sitting right in front of us. The couple in front of Tasha and Stacey were extremely drunk and for most intents and purposes sharing the same seat and pretty much the same AIR (I felt so badly for the woman sitting next to them). Frisky doesn't even begin to describe it. While all we did was blind the other passengers with like 50 flashes of light from our cameras and talk super, super fast, and squeal. Oh, and kick (sweetly ask) another passenger to move out of our row so Tasha could sit by us, and the proceed to have the arm rest button stuck the whole flight so Stacey's seat kept falling into his lap. Really though he should have thanked us for not having a first row seat to the couple in front of us.
Before we left for the Temple we wanted to get everyone in the picture.
So we put the camera on the trunk of the car, set the timer, and Ran...
This one is a little better. We laughed so much as we ran back and forth. In HEELS-- no less!
This was as Good as it Gets!
What can I say about driving in CA, except for I LOVE it!!! This time because I now have another fun memory that involves me, Tasha, Sean, and a car emergency. You can never have too many of those!

This time we called Sean (Tasha's husband) because we thought we could use our awesome internal radar to find the Oakland Temple, it's huge and on a mountain afterall. Well, we finally lost all hope of our abilities so we called Sean for directions. He put up with our unhelpful street names to try and find our location. And then just as he starts to say the name of the exit we need to take... We see it and in unison scream the name. And then squeal like, well, 13 year old girls-- Totally loud and high-pitched right into the phone. Can you guess how much he appreciated that:-)
The Oakland Temple is "our Temple". It's the one we grew up with, we have so many special memories: youth temple trips, going to the yearly Christmas Shows on the grounds, and we were all sealed here.
Sitting on the Top of the Temple
The funny thing about us all being sealed at the Oakland temple is that none of saw any of the other's sealings for various reasons. Well, until this day when we were able to do proxies. Now, before anyone freaks out like my husband did... Which happened to pretty much be at the same exact moment when Tasha tells the other girls, "Ken is going to be totally jealous!" Seriously she knows him well!
Anyway, he calmed down when he heard the whole story about how we missed the session by just a few minutes so we were able to do sealings. And the gentlemen who stood in for us had been married 67 years. In fact the older men(85+ years old) at the temple were hilarious and cute. Anyway, it's a good thing he hadn't just been married for 50 years or something-- so Ken calmed down:-)
You would think we were brides with how many different pictures we took at the Oakland Temple...
She was my Beautiful Surprise. This is Jamie, she wasn't going to come but at the last minute she did. And boy are we glad she did, it wouldn't have been the same without her. Next time she has no choice, we just can't live without her, and we can cetainly live without the drama. So sorry, but we will just kidnap you, beautiful!
Jamie is amazing! She can make or do pretty much anything she ever sets her mind too. And she always makes you feel special and good. Probably because she always sees the best in everyone she meets.

Isn't she Pretty! Stacey is extremely funny, fifty different kinds of fabulous, and super talented. Which is one of the reasons she was our enemy in HS. Thank goodness we grew up, and have gotten to know and appreciate (I mean use) her talents. Take a look at Tasha's dress from Wicked. Stacey took two dresses ripped them apart and sewed them back together to make that HOT creation!
My Tasha and Me. I've been calling her Tasha Fierce lately. When we were growing up everyone thought of her as cute, sweet Tasha. Boy were they ever wrong! Oh wait, that's not true, she is. And now that she older she is sooooo much more!She is my loyal friend, the one who has always stood by me and loved me. Besides if I didn't say I loved her most she could seriously blackmail me with all the crazy stuff we have done together:-)
This is the Wonderful Amy. She lives a few hours away so we didn't catch up with her until after we went to the Temple. Let's see...She's smart, gorgeous, nice, funny, talented (music and dancing), did I say super smart!!! I know, why are we friends with her??? She doesn't have any flaws-- that is until she eats a certain type of muffin:-)This is Me, what else can I say about that...I guess that I am the party planner! Always have been.
It's a good thing someone took a picture of me sleeping, otherwise I would never believe it happened on this trip!!! Those girls stayed up talking soooooo late. Let's see the first night I dozed for 2 or so hours in the middle of their talking. Then ended up awake and talked to Amy who didn't sleep the whole 1st night! Finally we ended up having breakfast at 6 am and then took a short nap, or did we? Maybe I just did while they made themselves beautiful. Can't remember.
Anyway the other nights we got a little more sleep but not much more. And my mom said we were all so busy in our normal lives that we were probably going to sleep alot. Actually that's what I thought too. Ahhh-sleep is overated anyways when you only have 72 hours with these girls!
Our wonderful Hubbies gave us their credit cards, and by golly we used them! Just Kidding, actually it was quite hard for us, as moms, to spend the money to go on this trip. I'm just thankful all of our husbands were so supportive and cheering for us to go have fun with our girlfriends. Shopping was so much fun with these gals and of course we each got a special treat for our men! Don't we look great!
We're Hot to Trot. At the hotel before our big night out to see Wicked. We were going to go to the Cheesecake factory in downtown San Fran except we took so long getting ready that we ended up eating Subway. It ended up being the perfect meal before our big show.
Riding Bart into San Francisco to see Bart. We stayed in Burlingame at the Embassy Suites overlooking the Bay by the Airport. It was awesome as usual. And I love my hubby for earning hotel points so we wouldn't feel guilty spending even more $$$ on ourselves.
They are Oh So WICKED! Wicked was AWESOME!!! And it was even better seeing it for the first time with my Girlfriends. We overwhelmingly LOVED it!
You make friends as you get older, but it's just not the same. I mean there are friends, and then there are the friends where personal space just doesn't apply.
How many of your friends can you lay all over in bed with? This isn't a posed picture, we were just laying down re-capping Wicked and Stacey walked out of the bathroom, we popped our heads up, and she snapped this.
Because we just HAD to take pictures before we went anywhere. This time was in the atrium while a creepy guy in the business center kept checking us out. Or it could be he was staring at us thinking why do they keep running back and forth and then posing???
Honestly, the pictures where we set a timer ended up having our personality show through way more then when we asked someone walking by to do it.
We had a funny thing happen to us at Great America. As we waited forever for one ride there were a couple of moms that we started chatting with. All of it happened because 2 girls cut in line in front of them and it messed up their group of 7 people and that messed up our group of 5 people who was right behind them. Of course these moms were older and have teenagers so they complained loudly to the girls over and over. And we heard it all.
Anyway, then one of the moms looks at us and is like "Are you guys matching?" Uhhh, yeah! See whose brilliant idea that was. So we told them how we are celebrating our 30th birthday together. And the moms (I love how I'm writing the moms, when all of us are moms, but for the sake of this story The Mom's are these two stranger ladies)
Anyway, "The Moms" said "You don't even look 22 (or was it 24, it doesn't matter it was young)!" And we explained how we grew up together and we left all of our husbands and kids at home.
So "The Moms" asked us how many kids we had between the 5 of us. And we said we have 16 kids. Which shocked them and we told them how many kids we each have.
And then "The Moms" told us how they each have 3 kids and people in Vacaville think that is a large family. And now I will qoute her; "Yeah, I get asked all the time if I'm Mormon or something!"
Seriously, we just looked at each other at little like okay, then smiled, then laughed! And then told them how actually we are...and then got their numbers so we could send the missionaries right on over. Okay, so I'm kidding about the last part. But we had a good laugh, and they stopped and talked to us later on during the day at Great America.
8 comments:
too cute! we ARE doing this again! Tasha and I vote for Park City Utah! Maybe a snowy excursion? Oh, and by the way...I am NOT the messiest of us all!
This was a great summery of our trip, for sure more detailed than mine :) Thank you for all the wonderful things you said about me.
I can't wait until you kidnap me next time!
Oh and Staci is right, I think most of that mess was mine;)
That looks like so much fun! What a great way to celebrate your birthday! And you always have the cutest dresses!
Thanks for that babe. It was the best birthday celebration of all. I am so happy we were all able to go. I laughed so hard through the entire post. Your the best babe and way more than just the party planner your the glue that holds us together.
Ditto what Tasha said!
Looks like a blast! Every woman needs a girls only trip!!!
Wow! That looks like so much fun. Props to Ken for letting it happen. I'm so proud of you for going out and planning something so great for yourself. Happy birhtday a couple days early! Also, loved your black and white paisley dress. Hot Mama!
That was a great post- I really like the commentary regarding personal space.
You are great- miss you!
Post a Comment