It was beyond crazy; I have been trying to simplify so I thought I would just take the kids to the local bouncy, jump place for Rose's 3rd birthday. But thanks to the swine flu-- most of Rose's friends mommies would prefer to not take their children. I am so thankful for that! Otherwise I would have missed all the special moments that make up your very first real birthday party!
So with 48 hours left before her party (the time was fixed because I had already worked out with her buddy James' mom on what day we would throw Rose's party--they have the same B-day and Lisa very graciously gave me the favored day) we picked a theme, sent out the evites, and went shopping for the party supplies.
I am so glad we ended up having her party at home. We went with a cooking theme (Thank You Jamie, for the apron and idea for the party--she LOVED it!) I took Rose (Darin tagged along) to Hobby Lobby and she had so much fun picking out the fabric and ribbons for the aprons. She really, really loved the ribbon. We also picked out sprinkles, cookie cutters, napkins and plates, and other party favors. It was 90 minutes in the store all about Rose and what she liked. She kept saying; "For MY Birthday, Mommy!" "Is it for MY party!"
I even had fun staying up 2 nights in a row until 3 am making 14 of these aprons.
It was totally late and Ken and I may have been delirious but we had fun making them for the little kids. Rose certainly loved hers. Here she is dancing around in hers:
Here is the run-down of her party (and things she loves)...
They decorated bags. Rose loves Stickers! You can keep her busy filling a whole page full of stickers for over a half an hour.
Ken and the Boys played Duck, Duck, Goose with the kids. Ken tried to get them to call it "Fork, Fork, Spoon" to keep with our theme. It didn't really matter either way since none of the kids really knew how to play and just smiled and ran when they told them to run. But they seemed to have fun!
We had Rose's birthday party Friday morning. The boys were supposed to be in school but they really, really wanted to come to her party. And since Rose absolutely LOVES her brothers she wanted them their too. So we took the boys to school and signed them out an hour later, it was lame but one of the tricks we have to do since we have taken too many other vacation days the rest of the year.
Then they got their aprons and each kid made their own mini-pizza. Rose totally loves to cook and help in the kitchen. I didn't get any pictures of the pizzas because the camera-man (Ken) was too busy running around and playing with the kids:-) I am sooooooo thankful he loves our kids parties, I couldn't do it without him!
While the pizzas cooked the kids played outside. Rose is totally an Outdoor type of Girl! She may be wearing her little heels and princess dresses but she totally loves to play outside.
Then we ate lunch. Rose has never been a picky eater
Decorated cupcakes and mini-loaf cakes to take home. Of course this is another of Rose's favorites. But then again, what child doesn't love frosting and sprinkles!
My mom had been practicing with Rose to blow on her 3 fingers. It was so cute! When it came time to blow out her candles on her cake it was a different story though. She hesitated and then one of her cute little friends blew them out. We re-lighted them and then Rose did it too!
It wouldn't be a party for our little girl without dancing! Rose's all-time favorite activity!
The Caterpiller Dance. I don't know where she comes up with these things. Actually, I do-- it would be her brothers!
Presents!!!
I love this picture of my Blue-eyed girl.
Rose LOVES these pajamas. She is totally obsessed with them.
Most of her friends gave her a card with her present. I normally never buy them for kids because I thought it was a waste. Not for Rose though! Three weeks later she still wants them read to her at bedtime. And if Ginger touches them...well, you can imagine!
Happy Birthday Rose! We love you so much!
5 comments:
Such a neat fun idea for a birthday party! You ROCK!!
so cute I loved that post she is such a cute little girl.
what a fun idea! You are seriously AWESOME!You should check out my blog, I finally posted our trip and it is SO CUTE!
You are terrific! This was such a great party and you did so much! I don't know how you keep it all together! Still feel bad about my little girl blowing out Rose's candles- thanks for calling her cute. :)
Believe it or not, but I just made my girl's trip post 1 million times better...but you'll have to visit my blog to find out what I did! LOVE YA!
Post a Comment