Friday, September 25, 2009

Closing the Book

Every summer Ken does a reading program with the boys. Basically the boys have to read a certain amount of time each day the whole summer. This year they were supposed to read 45 minutes, although they love to read so much now that there wasn't even a point to keeping track of time.

Anyway, at the end of the summer if they have met their reading requirements Ken takes them out for a full day of fun doing anything they want! This year they chose a Park N' Pizza Place.

Mainly because they wanted to drive the Go Carts. We waited in line quite a bit for the cars but had fun talking.



Sneaky Ken...is thinking of how he is going to loop us. Nathan presented quite a challend when we tried to pass him. He would zig zag and block us. Darin left us all in the dust though.



These were two very happy boys!


Here are the drowned Rats! It was so hot that we wanted to get completely soaked on the bumper boats. We begged them to spray us with the hose, and they did! My shorts were still soaked 4 hours later.

We did alot of driving afterwards.


We also played arcade games, ate pizza, and did Laser Tag! Where I am happy to announce that I was not the worst player this time. Not even the worst player in our family, I took the #2 spot actually, but that's mainly because I learned how to work the system.


It was an awesome day! We are so proud of Darin and Nathan!

1 comment:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I think Ken is such a fun Daddy! I think it's great that he does that every year for them.