This year we made some pretty ambitious goals. (See Here.) At least for me they were super ambitious because I always struggle with a routine. More like I fight routines, a structured schedule feels like prison chains, and I live my life in a constant state of flux. We have been super happy though that we have found a happy balance of keeping our children structured while affording them some flexibility. Keeping track of our stars has been a huge motivating factor for all of us to keep going. In fact, last night 3 months into doing this Rose started crying before family prayer because she didn't get to put her star on for her chores today.
To celebrate our first set of 150 stars we went to Main Event for Family Home Evening. We bowled and played video games. We even ordered snacks while we were bowling which was a major treat for our kids. It was a super fun night and we are so proud of our family!
The Cupid Shuffle came on during bowling and Rose and Nathan had so much fun dancing to it.
I had to take a picture of the boys playing Jurassic Park. Ken had watched the first movie with them a week before and the boys were still getting freaked out and sleeping in each others rooms or downstairs. After they played this game though they stopped complaining about being scared though, so that was awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment