Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sophie's Birthday

Ginger has been having pretty regular play dates with her pal Sophie on Mondays.  It is a lifesaver for me and Ken because after the weekend Ginger still feels like we should be spending the entire day entertaining her.  They play so sweetly and always have a good time.  Last Monday we found out that it was Sophie's birthday so we had a little mini-party.  It was so fun!

After picking Sophie up we made a quick stop to Wal-mart for some simple party supplies and a few groceries I needed.  We came home and made a batch of cupcakes for the occasion.

These girls have macaroni and cheese pretty much every week.  It's so funny because they will discuss what they want for lunch for a good 5 minutes every time I ask them, but they always end up choosing macaroni and cheese.
They played outside most of the day, like usual.  It is so nice!  I was able to catch up on some paperwork and pay some bills.

Then they came in and decorate cupcakes.
Our course we needed to light some candles for the birthday girl.
Such a sweet birthday girl!
Nathan was home "sick" for the day and he played Happy Birthday to you for Sophie on the piano.  And by sick, I mean I totally got played.  He was really "sick" of Darin getting so much attention:)  With Darin's birthday, first Stake Youth Conference, and Ordination I can see why he was needing some extra love.  I did totally believe his throat hurt but after the day of hanging out with me he was miraculously cured.

Man, I love this girl!  I also love her sweet friendship with Sophie.  It's going to be sad when Ginger goes to school next year.

No comments: