The Sunday before Spring Break was just so lovely I had to write about it. Church was wonderful and so renewing and refreshing. It was a perfect way to kick off a fun week.
When we got home we made a batch of homemade chocolate ice cream. It was so delicious! The kids crushed up a bunch of candy cars and oreo cookies for toppings. Look at Ginger's chocolate lips.
Ken and Darin went home teaching. Nathan went to a friends house to finish his communication merit badge. Me and the girls stayed home and I debuted the songs I chose for them for their Spring Break songs. This started a few years ago when we were going on a trip to California and I downloaded songs that I thought the boys would like. So apparently we need a personal anthem to kick off the party every Spring Break!
When Ken and Darin came home between appointments the girls got them to dance with them.
Then when Nathan got home 2 hours later they got him to dance with them too.
Needless to say the songs were a major hit! Ginger loved hers so much that she kept asking me if I could play them for her preschool teachers when we went camping. It turned out that we forgot to, but she asked me for two days straight.
Here's the list of songs:
Darin- Chasing the Sun by the Wanted
Nathan- Bom Bom (radio edit) by Sam and Womp
Rose- Shooting Star by Owl City (She loves Owl City songs)
Ginger- Give me Your Hand by The Ready Set
It just so happens that half the songs I found from Escape from Planet Earth Soundtrack that I found on a whim the night before. Actually three of the songs are on the soundtrack but I had already chosen the Owl City one for Rose. I love when it works out so perfectly finding music for my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment