Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Life as a Woodworker

Or in other words my life as a Den Mother.  My calling in church this past year has been to be a Wolf Den Leader.  It's been a terrific experience and so healing for me.  When I was Primary President (the calling just before this one) I was always frustrated that for various reasons that Cub Scouts didn't ever really run the way I had hoped it would, or at least different parts of it at various times.  Also, I was never able to be a Den Mother when my boys were in the program so it's been fun to revisit this time and be more hands-on.  

Darin and Nathan have served as Den Chiefs in our den all school year and that has made it super fun and actually manageable.  8 year old boys have a crazy amount of energy!
My children have loved that I have gotten like 1000% times more crafty.  I can rip things down on the table saw pretty fast now too, so I'm proud of myself.

This was for a birdhouse that attaches to a window.
The girls were so happy to make one for us at home.  It always helps to have a run through before den meeting.
Nathan probably does the most work as Den Chief.  He helps more at home when I prepare and it seems like Darin has to miss a meeting once a month because he has too much homework or some school event.
Here's the finished product!
Hanging on the window. There is plexi-glass on the back and suction cups attached to it to help it hang.
This was for a different den meeting.  We were building collection boxes.  Look at these cute guys!  They are lots of fun!














No comments: