The lot that we have chosen to build our new house on is probably about twice as big as our current one. We are guessing it will be close to 1/2 an acre. The boys have been begging us for a new lawnmower for the past year. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised it has lasted this long since we bought it before Nathan was born so that would make it 13 years old with barely any maintenance. Ken and I were looking on Craiglist and found an awesome deal that we couldn't pass up. Lucky boys get the first new purchase for our home!
Darin was so anxious for Ken to come home with it. The boys stayed home babysitting 3 kids from a family that they home teach.
I tortured him for a few minutes while I ran out to check it out. Then I took over babysitting while Darin helped his Dad unload.Ginger was super excited about this purchase too.
Happy, happy boy!
Nathan was so excited that he went and did a few loops around the yard. He also upped the engine power and floored it, nearly causing us a heart attack that he was going to take out our house that is about to be sold.
Nathan played outside with the little girls and watched them most of the day. Darin ended up on baby duty. They did a pretty good job and I really didn't have to help them out. I was really proud of the boys because it was a full day of babysitting for this family. The Dad took the Mom out to play around for her birthday for about 8 hours. Darin said, "Babies are exhausting!" We were quick to remind him that when he was that age he was at least 50 times more busy and into everything:)
No comments:
Post a Comment