Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013

We had a pretty low-key Christmas Eve. In the morning Ken and I went to the new house.  While Ken put in extra wiring I finished wrapping the remaining Christmas present.  The kids were totally wonderful and spent the morning doing their finishing touches on Christmas presents and cleaning up the house so we could relax when we got home.

We played Settlers of Catan and then the kids also set the table extra nice with candles and everything while Ken and I took a shower.  I wish we had taken a picture of the table, they did such a great job!  It was nice to just enjoy being together.

After dinner we went to our friends the McCullough's and re-enacted the Nativity Story,  Me and Ginger were Shepards and Rose was Mary.
Darin was King Herod and Nathan and Ken were a couple of Wise Men.
Here's a picture of all of us.  It was such a fun night.  I think our kids enjoyed having all the fun costumes to dress up in it.  It was nice singing all the songs together too.
Funny Faces!
 On the way home from the McCullough's our little Gingerbread got very quiet in the car and then said, "I've been thinking all week about my reindeer food... I think we should put it on the roof because if it's on the grass or driveway it might distract the reindeer." Then Darin said, "You are so smart, I can't believe I never thought of that in 14 Christmases!" So Ken broke out his ladder for the 15th time today and they sprinkled it on the roof!

All the siblings got very excited to climb to the ladder and help sprinkle Reindeer food on the roof.

I feel so much better about the little girls climbing the ladder with the boys standing behind them.
It was a really nice Christmas Eve and I'm so grateful we have this time to spend with our family and celebrate our Savior's Birth.

No comments: