Friday, January 10, 2014

Rose's Awards Ceremony

Rose had her awards ceremony this morning.  She was super serious and would only smile when I caught her eye.
 But she smiled big when she was awarded a ribbon for A Honor Roll!  I am so proud of her.
Rose works really hard for her grades.  She has always had to.  This is the first year that I feel like she isn't struggling just to keep up and is really thriving and able to explore her desires and curiosity.  Even though she struggled in kinder and first grade she always worked so hard and we have been so proud of her!  I am super grateful for great teachers who really believed in her and were willing to spend extra time helping her.  I really think that the study habits and goals she made during those difficult years have really laid the groundwork for her to take off this year!

Honestly, we have been so amazed at her work ethic, her homework may take her hours to do but she never complains and is so on-task.  Sometimes I feel like I'm the one complaining (at least in me head), but when I see how determined she is it really makes my heart swell.
Ken couldn't be at the award's ceremony because he had a big meeting he couldn't miss during that time, but he met up with me to have lunch with our "All A Honor Roll" girl!  Rose has totally been a Daddy's girls lately and she had so much teasing her Dad and trying to stop him from stealing her kisses:)




She was in a super silly mood for lunch and was running away from mine too.  We love our Rosebud!


No comments: