This year is a HUGE year for our Rosebud. She will turn 8 in May. Our wonderful primary invited all the children to a special fireside to talk about their upcoming baptisms and how to prepare. Oh, my is she so excited!
She smiled through the whole fireside. She particularly loved reading through the special baptism packet they gave her. With her own name on it!! And she is totally looking forward to Activity Days. I would be too, after hearing the leader speak. After it was over we mixed and mingle and she played a little with her friends. Rose was insistent that she bring home a cupcake for each and every one of her siblings. I wasn't super thrilled when she decided this two seconds after all the kids got a first pass at desserts and she brought me the whole plate. I made her put them back in case parents or other people wanted some. But, at the end of the night they had plenty leftover and she grabbed some for everyone. It does make my heart swell to know her good intentions. Also, I am grateful for her brothers good example, she wanted to be just like them! They often bring home treats from their firesides and activities for their sisters. It is seriously sweet and brings such a great Spirit into our home.
In some ways I feel like Rose is more prepared to be baptized then her brothers were at this age and in other ways I feel like she is less. We got 5 months though and I know she is super motivated to be baptized. It's always fun having an upcoming baptism in the family to look forward too. It's definitely helped me to be more committed to the covenants I have made and I am grateful for my children's desire to follow Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment