Today when I was at Sam's Club I found a crazy good deal on Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate. Only $1.61 for a large canister of Hot Chocolate. Since we go through cocoa like crazy I picked up 36 canisters. I calculated that I have bought approximately 15 canisters since November. Don't judge! Every time the boys have an airsoft war or I take breakfast into seminary we go through a whole canister. Ken and Darin probably have 4-5 cups a week because of early morning seminary. When I asked Nathan how many cups he goes through in a week he estimated about 10. I don't doubt it, he has a cup every afternoon and most mornings.
Ken and I were super pumped this morning because we had just found out that our builder moved our close date back to April 30th. We were a little high thinking of how we will have a whole walk-in closet just for food storage in just 9 days so we picked up 36 of those cans!!! The close date is a whole blog post in of itself but I'll quickly re-cap it at the end of this post.
Anyway, back to family home evening. We were feeling a little giddy so other then a short 10 minute lesson that Ginger taught about Easter and the Resurrection we basically messed around taking pictures with the cans of Hot Chocolate and trying to come up with funny taglines. I don't think Darin thought we were very funny, but the rest of the kids were super into it!
That awkward moment when someone asks "Are you carrying twins..."
And you're like "No, I just like my Cocoa!"Seriously, though I was shocked at how big my tummy is in these pictures. I feel pretty fantastic for being 2 1/2 weeks away from my due date. No wonder people keep trying to help me.
"Got Chocolate?"
Ginger will do anything if it involves mustaches!
"Swiss Miss Take Me Away!"
Nothing like Hot Chocolate to relax after a long day.
Rose really loved posing for pictures.
"Man's Best Friend."
"Four Score and Seven Hot Chocolates ago..."
Nathan spent some serious time constructing his hat.
"My Precioussss"
Nathan can make the perfect Golum voice--it's creepy.
"Live Long and Prosper."
"Mormon's Be Like..."
"Mormon's be like... D&C 89 -- you should try it!"
"Mormons be like...don't DIS the Miss!"
Darin had a prop-man to make him look good:)
"My Weapon of choice in war is Warm Cocoa!"
"Always side with the Swiss!"
Nathan ripped off the wrapping on a few of the containers making his silly props.
Rose posing with Darin's dog/horse/bunny best friend.
Ginger was the first one to finish taking her pictures so she started decorating cans to make a little friend.
Handsome Boy! He was a good sport especially since he thought his parents were crazy.
Housing update: My doctor wanted to induce me April 28th or 29th because of my gestational diabetes so Ken pressed on the builder to move our close date up. The sales lady asked us if April 25th would work and we said yes, then 3 days later she said that she didn't actually end up booking the 25th and instead moved it to May 2nd. Of course Ken tried talking them into at least keeping our original close date of April 30th but the builder insisted that they had given our closing slot to someone else. Let's just say that Ken made the mistake of having the phone on speakerphone after hearing the builder's lame excuses for the hundredth time and I went pregnant hormonal on the sales lady and said that we would not be closing on May 2nd and they could move it up or we would be walking away. Then I went and bawled to our realtor and stuck them on her. Needless to say, one week later the builder decided it would be best for all parties involved to move our closing day back to April 30th. I also semi-talked my doctor into inducing me on May 7th at least if I continue to keep my blood sugars down and my ultrasounds are okay the next two weeks.
If everything goes according to plan then we will close April 30th be out of our rental by May 5th and have our baby on May 7th. It will be a crazy week but I really, really want to bring our baby home to our new house.
1 comment:
so fun you have some handsome boys better watch out steph lol
Post a Comment