Hazel is 6 months old! I can't believe how fast time goes by. It's also amazing how in 6 quick months this girl has taken over everyone's heart. We sure do love this girl.
Here's her stats: 19 lbs (98%) and 27 3/4 " long (off the chart, over 100%)
Unfortunately my sweet baby girl also got her first major sickness. Poor baby ended up getting croup. After a day of awful coughing I took her to the doctor. I am so grateful that we did because Dr. Cepeda gave her a steroid treatment and it pretty much instantly stopped the coughing. She was finally able to rest. This is a picture of her after the ride home from the doctors. Also, I learned a new trick from Dr. Cepeda to give our kids over the counter allergy medicine when they are all phlegmy so that way it will dry them out so they can rest. It was super helpful with Hazel because she was having such a hard time breathing.
It's sad, but I do love that she let me cuddle her quite a bit all week. Hazel isn't much of a cuddly baby. I can normally hold her closely but she will immediately pop her head up and look around. I went to do Cub Scout and ended up being gone for 2 hours. She takes 2 hour naps normally, but when I leave for things like this or to go out with friends I feel so empty until I am able to hold her. It's amazing how soothing she is to me.
Look at those long eyelashes! They are naturally curled like Ginger's too. Lucky girl!!
Hazel has discovered that she can roll across the room to get into whatever she wants. This time happened to be a bag of Cheetos that Rose left opened 10 feet away.
Oops, I'm caught...
But, I'll just distract Mommy with my enormous smile! Oh, how I love this girl. Thankfully she ended up loving the bag and didn't really mess with the chips.
Other Hazel likes at 6 months:
- Table Food- this girl gives you the death stare if you don't offer to share whatever you are in partaking in. Which explains how she has already eaten cake and sugar cookies. We are holding off on the ice cream--just barely
- Music- She is still obsessed with music. It immediately calms her and also puts her to sleep if she is cranky.
- Sitting- Hazel is not a fan of laying down. She wants to sit up and be able to see the action and turn her head all around.
- Daddy- She has gotten pretty close to Ken lately. I have to admit that I get jealous since I'm not nursing her anymore.
- Walks- We normally go on a walk as soon as the girls go off to school. We've been sick the past week and half though so we haven't gotten out much, last Friday I put her in her stroller for the first time and Hazel kicked her legs and squealed with delight!
- Mesh pacifiers- Best invention ever! She loves fruit in them and I love that I can put her in the high chair for 15 minutes and get some things done in the kitchen like cooking dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment