This year we ordered our tree from the boys' high school band. Their band is going to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade next year so they were selling Christmas trees as a fundraiser. We were really happy to get a 15' tree. Ken was even happier with the band students help loading that sucker up on his truck. It took a lot of tugging to get that sucker in our house and quite a bit of muscle to get it upright.
Cute Coco didn't help one bit!
There was a bird's nest in the tree. It smells so good.
A few days later Nathan and Darin put the lights on. It is so nice that they are so big because Ken was at meetings for church while he did it. Nathan could only do the bottom half with his broken foot but he had to do a double layer. Darin even put the star on, after fixing the burnt lightbulbs. He also got the music machine set-up to the lights will dance to the beat. I love it!Little Coco didn't help out again, but she certainly sat their and looked cute!
Finally the decorating could commence. Every year it takes like 4 days to set up the tree. It only takes two ladders and a stepstool.
Hazel has wanted nothing to do with the tree. That is until she found a free opening to climb the ladder.
The one and only ornament she has put on the tree. Now that it is a few days later she has taken a few off.
Yep, just looking cute again! I think Coco has really liked all the lights and commotion.
Nathan resting his foot and putting the hangers on the ornaments.
Hazel is trying to go up another ladder.
I love all my babies. I didn't put many ornaments on. Handed off a bunch but mainly took care of Coco and Hazel.
While the boys put the lights on the tree the girls and I decorated the banister. It is my favorite Christmas decoration other then the tree. Every time I see our stocking and the banister it makes me so happy.
We wire the stocking holders on the wooden steps so they don't fall down.
The latest snowman and stocking addition for our family. So excited to see what Coco thinks of her first Christmas.
Hazel really loved the special ornaments with the kids pictures on them. She saw one from when Ginger was born and she kept saying Sister, Sister. Which Ginger is her sister but really that is what she calls Coco.
The finished tree! I adore the RV Alaska license plate. Such a fun memory from this summer's vacation.
Every year the kids slide under the tree and ask me to take their picture. The tree is so huge that they can hide underneath it and not be seen. Hazel was happy to go under but half of them were acting like zombies instead of smiling.
They can bring on the cuteness when they want to. I wish I had taken a better picture though.
Back to Zombies and Hazel escaped that madness.
Eventually they all calmed down and Hazel went back to them with some reservations.
And one last one of cute Coco playing with ornaments. She has really liked them.
We love the lights and dancing in front of the tree.
Now on to other Christmas details. I love shopping for Christmas presents with Ken. This year instead of getting the kids pajamas we got them Snuggies and Slankets (the longer more upscale version os a Snuggie) As seen on TV products come with a certain smell so I needed to wash them before wrapping so Ken entertained me with trying them on. So funny! We have Moses, Sweet Ducky, Crazy Kitty, and the Airbender.
And one last decoration...I really thought there was no way that we would be able to put lights up with all the sickness we have had the last 6 weeks. We finally had half of a Saturday free so we had a family meeting to decide what we should do. We asked the kids if they wanted to decorate outside or have Dad work on about a million projects that are backed up around the house. Darin came up with the idea for Ken to fix things like the fireplace and alarm system and he would put lights on the roof. The other kids and I would decorate down on the ground. Seriously, it is so nice having a nice, helpful teenager! Of course Nathan was still grounded with his foot and he helped me and the girls. 
No comments:
Post a Comment