For anyone who doesn't know, my parents live about 5 houses away. It has been really nice to have them living close, my kids absolutely adore them. And we've enjoyed many benefits too. Such as when we got back from our trip to California. We came home to a clean house (that would rarely be because of us, and especially wasn't since we had only been one for a week and a half between trips.) My Dad had cleaned my entire kitchen, and my Mom had cleaned all of my 4 bathrooms, plus they made my bed, cleaned the family room, and did our laundry. It was amazing to walk in our house! After 12 days of being away I couldn't remember what it looked like but I know it was nothing like that. And on top of it my parents had filled my fridge with milk, eggs, bread, fruit, and a rotisserie chicken. It was great, I didn't have to go to the store for a few days.
Then this last Tuesday I ended up needing to take Nathan to the Dr. as soon as he got home from school. And of course as fate would have it the Suburban was being fixed and the battery in Ken's car isn't holding a charge (that has been our fault though because we knew it was happening but Ken has only driven it once in the past three months since his commute is all of the minute it takes him to climb the stairs). So my Dad let us borrow his car. Actually he let us borrow it for 2 days, and not only came with Ken to drop it off, but he drove me when I had to pick it up, it was so nice!
Nathan's eyes were pretty scary. He has been having allergies for 2 weeks, but then he came home from school and they were so swollen that I made an appointment immediately. Thankfully his pediatrician is so awesome and she said to come in right away. His eyes were so swollen, as big as golf balls, literally. It was kind of scary. After an emergency dose of steroids, plus about 3 other prescriptions he is better. My poor boy and pink eye on top of severe allergies.
My Dad's birthday is in a week, and last night I received his present. All of the cousins have been working on something together for him. I can't really say anything about it, but my sister spent a ton of time on the present and it is awesome!!! If you ever need a personal or touching present she is the woman to go to, she is amazing and I am so thankful for her! And literally she is, she makes cute bags and scripture totes and embroiders them, she also embroiders beautiful temple packets with your intial and sealing dates.
3 comments:
Stephanie,
You have one awesome set of parents!
dude that is so awesome i wish i had parents like that.
Totally awesome! Can I be adopted? :) They are way nice!
Post a Comment