Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hubby Tag

I was tagged by two friends for the first time last week. So in honor of our 10th anniversary (1 day left until we leave for Cancun!!!) I decided to go with Reianna's.

1. What is his name? Ken
2. Who eats more? If it's actual food that would be me. If you're talking candy, cake, or ice cream it's totally Ken. He sneaks treats quite alot. I don't really know why since I love to feed his sugar habit. But I think it is just more enjoyable to him, and I didn't notice until he started telecommuting. But he will clean out an ice cream container that was half full at 10am in the morning just because that's when I left the house to go grocery shopping.
3. Who said, "I love you" first? Totally him!
4. Who is taller? Ken is taller, although sometimes I give him a hard time, but that's because he says I judge people's height in relation to how much respect I have for them. It's amazing when I find out that a 6'2" man is really that tall when I thought "Oh, he's just a few inches taller then me."
5. Who is smarter? Totally Ken
6. Who is more sensitive? It depends. I think Ken is more of a romantic then me. But I am just more sensitive in that little things bother me more.
7. Who does the laundry? Me (with the boys help). They help with the washing and moving clothes over. But I fold. Ken puts the clothes away though because I hate it. And I even like to iron his shirts, I like the feeling that I am getting him ready to face an important day in his life. Because he would never wear a shirt that has to be ironed unless it was a big deal!
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me
9. Who pays the bills? Me again, it's so nice to have a husband that just gives you his paycheck. Minus a few investments of course, but then it's all mine:-)
10. Who cooks more? Me, I hate it when Ken cooks. Not because it tastes bad or anything he just takes 3 times longer then me, and I would rather spend the time with him. This past Mother's Day he spent 3 1/2 hours cooking me and my mom dinner. He made Walnut Shrimp. It was super yummy, I'm just glad I took a nap most of the time.
11. Who is more stubborn? We both are. We both have pretty strong opinions on most things, luckily we almost always agree.
12. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? That would be him because really am I ever wrong??? Just Kidding.
13. Who has more siblings? Totally Ken, he comes from a family of 9, I only have 1 fabulous sister.
14. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Who ever wears pants in this kind of heat??? We are strictly short people right now.
15. What do you like to do together? Everything, neither of us really have hobbies that don't include each other. Watching movies, playing games, playing with our kids, traveling and discover new places together, going swimming, eating yummy food, throwing parties (okay, maybe not so much Ken liking to, but he does it for me), read the same books, talking in bed for hours, work, having our whole family pile into our bed for cuddle time or to watch a movie, and other fun stuff.
16. Who eats more sweets? Totally Ken
17. Guilty Pleasures? Remembering when we were single (that means without kids) and we would sleep in and actually get out of bed at the same time together. --It's a dream we cling to.
22. His best features and qualities? He is my best friend. When I am around him I feel more grounded and happy. He is a great Dad and works hard to have a good relationship with all of the kids, he especially takes time to teach the boys things they need to know to be a good dad. He is a super hard worker all around, he never takes time for himself. He is either working or being with the family. He knows a million weird "boy" facts that I would never remember. He works hard to make sure all my dreams come true. And when all else fails he has his good looks to fall back on! I'm totally serious about that last one! He is also truly selfless.

An example: Last weekend I needed to go to San Antonio for the Cannery Trip I'm in charge of and to pick up our Ward's Bulk Order. While I was canning he loaded up the Bulk Order by himself with our 4 kids, he put the boys to work moving stuff they could handle and kept the girls entertained by himself. The load consisted of 1 pallet of 500 metal cans, 3500 lbs of food, and 26 boxes. The 26 boxes he loaded, then unloaded it because I was short two boxes and had to figure out what it was. Then he loaded it back again. To say the least it was grueling. Then on the drive home we stopped at McDonald's to get ice cream cones and I forgot to order one for Rose. I gave her mine, and my sweet husband who was tired and sweating kept trying to insist on me taking his ice cream cone. Then after 9 hours of helping me we come home exhausted. All of our children were asleep. But I felt bad because I missed Ginger's nightly nursing and I've been sad that she is growing up, and Ken is always sensitive to how I feel about our children. So he brought her down to me and I fed her. She of course woke up and wanted to play for an hour and it is midnight. We played with her. I start to feel complete exhaustion, and he takes her and puts her to sleep, while I nod off.

23. I tag Lisa (sorry I didn't do your tag:-), Jessica, Jamie, and Tasha

No comments: