Thursday, July 17, 2008

If you Blinked you Missed Us

We got back from Cancun Sunday night. We had an amazing time. Especially on our mini trip by ourselves! I could probably write up 20 blogs about fun stuff we did. But since we've moved on to the next trip it seems a little late.

One thing that I will mention is that on one of our last nights we stayed up until 3 am with Nathan watching sea turtles come in. It was such a blast watching Nathan be so excited as we would wait to see a turtle come in. It was so much fun to spend time with him enjoying this special moment.

We were in Austin for a total of 48 hours. Yep 48 whole hours! We packed a ton of stuff into those 48 hours, and yes I did sleep some.
Here's the highlights:
-Three kid's Dr. Appts. Darin to the dentist to recheck his spacer, Nathan to the pediatrician to check his ears and he also has a wart, Ginger to the pediatrician to check if she got a bacteria but from Mexico (she didn't) and a weird rash on her leg (she has ringworm).
-9 loads of laundry. I decided to rewash everything in our suitcases, the good thing is that most of it just went right back into our suitcase.
- Two runs to grocery stores
-Taking care of a hundred misc. paperwork items: Insurance papers, registering the car, filling out claim forms, misc. phone calls, trying to finish off my latest bulk order for church, going through the mail, paying bills (it would be nice to have electricity when we get home:-)
-Two Runs to Wal-Greens to get prescriptions filled and to stock up our traveling pharmacy.
- Cooking Ken's favorite breakfast French Toast made from Oatmeal Bread with Homemade Buttermilk Syrup, Cooking the kid's favorite breakfast Biscuit and Gravy, and cooking my cravings for good Hamburgers with Potato Salad and Chicken Wings. I had to get some good cooking in while I have my own kitchen and normal ingredients (Hamburger in Cancun was really made from Ham (Pork), Yuck!)
-Waited anxiously while Ken debated whether he would go to his companies headquarters in CA like we had planned or on different business trips that came up. The good thing about that is I found out Southwest's policy for canceling flights which makes me kind of want to fly with them again even though after last Feb. I said I never would again. Anyway they give you a credit for whatever you purchased and don't take out any fees, you just have to use the credit within 1 year of when you originally purchased your tickets. Also from other last minute trips Ken has had to cancel and then reschedule, you can get a full refund of any airplane tickets you buy if you cancel within 24 hours of purchasing. This even works on travelocity bought tickets they only charge a $7 fee.
-Got my nails done and a pedicure
-Went through 700 digital photos from our trip, printed off about 400 of them so
I can assemble them in a photo album this week. Otherwise they would get lost in the sea of photos I just keep stored on my computer.
-Arranged a playdate for the boys with their buds and their mom. We went bowling and got ice cream.
-Answered a ton of emails, and spent a few hours reading all my friends blogs. I have to get my social fix somehow!

Anyway, we are in California now. It's a good thing we came to CA too, because I totally need a vacation after 48 hours of reality at home. So far I've just been setting up our new "home" (Embassy Suites hotel room) for the next 11 days. We had to change rooms because we came in so late on Tuesday night we took the last room in the hotel. And yesterday they switched us to the right room, which is a Bayview (pretty, but not as pretty as Cancun). And we went swimming, unpacked (Ken is so tired of living out of a suitcase), and went grocery shopping. Now it's just 11 full days of playing with the kids, yeah!!!

5 comments:

Reianna said...

Wow...we are sad we missed you guys on those couple of days off. We will try to visit again when you get back! Have fun!

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

Holy crap girl! When do you sleep? I bet you'll be glad to get back to a normal routine when school starts again!

Natasha said...

Holy cow why does that not suprise me that you pack so much into 48 hrs but wow that is a ton even 4 you and you say im super woman I relinquish my title over to you. Love ya glad you had fun

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I want to say, "I can't believe all that you did in 48 hours", but knowing the wonder woman you are I kind of expect the unexpected now. I am glad you got so much done. Embassy Suites does sound like fun. I Loved it there, although 11days does sound long especially after being on vacation already. I hope you have a great time. . . again!

sockiepuppetsmom said...

I'm glad you're getting to relax a little, I got a headache just reading about all the stuff you did:) I can't wait for you to come back!