Itchy LegsFor the past two weeks, I have been dealing with itchy bug bites all over my legs, my arms and hands. Bugs love me, if there is a fire ant hill within 1/2 mile I'm sure to step in it (I'm proud to say I've passed that one on to Nathan, poor guy:-). My blood is very tasty to mosquitoes too. So I am used to dealing with bug bites. However these bug bites have been different, they aren't constantly itchy but go through periods. But the really weird thing is that they have been moving and growing in a line. Of course I looked up on the internet what this could mean... My top results were bed bugs, ewwww. Or Scabbies, even worse.
Since I'm such a relaxed person I obviously did not freak out or start measuring how much each bug bite was growing each day as a mite tunneled through my skin. Okay, maybe I did do the measuring thing but I tried to refocus on other things and not think that I have parasites crawling their way all over my body. I decided to give it a week and see if it got any better. In the meantime I made Ken turn our bed upside down and inside out to make sure we don't have bed bugs, okay I made him do that mutiple times!
Finally On Monday, I went to the Dr. because over the weekend I got a few (like as in 20) more bug bites. Even a person as relaxed as me can only take so much!!! The Dr. walked in looked at me for less then 5 seconds and says, "You have poison ivy." It felt like she gave me the best news of my life! I couldn't believe it so of course I brought up my extensive knowledge of weird bugs/parasites that I had considered. She just laughed when I said Scabbies. Apparantly with scabbies I would have non-stop itching, that I would literally be doing constantly, plus it would be in totally different areas of my body. That wasn't spelled out very clearly on the internet! I could have saved alot of time worrying had I known that.
Here's a qoute that I read about Poison Ivy "You can almost count on poison ivy growing at the edge of every field within it's range. And at the edge of every road, and the edge of every forest. And wherever man has bulldozed a stable environment - like a new shopping mall or a housing subdivision. But at the edge of the field, forest, parking lot, or road - the poison ivy wins out." That's so very reassuring, where doesn't Poison Ivy exist???? I think I have been getting more of the sores because of our soccer/outside blanket that I sit on. I washed my sheets 4 times last week but didn't even think to wash the blanket in the car that is always getting thrown all over the ground. Allthough the thing I don't get is how I have it and Rose and Ginger don't. I am very thankful for that!
Runny Noses
Rose and Ginger have had serious runny noses since the last soccer game though. Sunday they had a slight fever, I have felt really really bad for them. When they sneeze their whole face gets covered in slime. I think they are on the mend now. Fevers are gone, runny noses are not totally constant, but then last night Rose woke-up and was coughing alot. So we'll see how today goes.
Dresser Drawers that Throw Up Clothes
My TV Armoire has had it! After the past 3 years of the constant abuse of housing babies clothes in my room, it can't take anymore. The dresser has thrown-up every single piece of clothing. I felt really badly for it's poor overstuffed drawers a week ago, so I went through and took out clothes that didn't fit anymore or were too holey. But enough is enough and it won't swallow another article of clothing. It's supposed to hold entertainment kinds of things afterall, so I'm assuming it is sick to it's stomach missing Videos, DVD's things like that. I am too, afterall! So I think it is time to say goodbye to all things "baby" in my room and move the girls clothes up to their perfectly fine, but empty dressers (we even have 2 of them) in their room. It just requires us to trek up and down the stairs more now. Or perhaps Rose won't feel like playing dress-up and switching her outfit 10 times a day if it is in her room. You have to play the movie to see my room, Ken took the camera with him so all I have is the Flip.
By the way I really didn't do this. Ken and I cleaned our room to perfection on Monday night. It has never been this clean. Apparantly Rose isn't used to things being so neat and orderly so she decided to take every single article of clothing out of the drawers.
Airport Tears
Yesterday afternoon the girls and I dropped Ken off at the airport for his Washington D.C. Part II trip. He will only be gone a couple of days again. Last time we didn't drop him off since he had to be there at 5 am and Rose noticed her Daddy was gone, but she wasn't super sad. This time she screamed and cried like crazy when we were dropping her Daddy off. It was so sad. On the way home I went to turn on the radio, and she said "No Music, I'm sad, want Daddy Airport!" Later that night my mom asked her if she took her Daddy to the airport, and Rose started crying again about her daddy and the airport. And today she asked me to take her to the airport, and she keeps walking around saying "Want Daddy Hold You!" That means I want Daddy to hold me, but she always says "you" instead of "me". She has been very sad even though she loves talking to Daddy on the phone. But he is her favorite and he will comfort her or play with her throughout the day for a few minutes here and there since he is normally home. I feel really bad for her, so I even took her to a little park today where there were no kids since she isn't feeling well. And I've been showing her these movies of her and her Daddy from this weekend. Rose loves to dance and do tumbling. She lives in her swimsuits most of the time like a gymnist and Ken likes to feed her habit and teach her new tricks. They are really cute together!



6 comments:
Poison Ivy...Bummer! I'm glad you got it taken care of. Isn't it so great that your kids love their dad so much!
Sounds like it has been an interesting week for you. Hope you've got the poison ivy taken care of.
Just thinking of Poison Ivy makes me want to itch! I think I would have freaked out if I read those things on the internet, I guess I am just not as calm as you.
Watching those videos makes me sad for Rose. That's tough when daddy can't be there. Ken is such a good daddy too!
Ick poison ivy!! I'm glad you got it figured out though so you didn't have to worry about bed bugs or fleas or something. Ugh!
And I love the video of Rose with Ken. He looks like a good coach and of course a great Dad!
Yuck, poison ivy is NOT fun...sorry to here you got into some.
sorry to hear about the poison ivy I hope you are all better now. Ken is such a great daddy rose is absolutely adorable with him. I miss you lots
Post a Comment