Thursday, September 18, 2008

Missing Ken

Today like 5 minutes after the boys got home from school it was suddenly very quiet(almost always a bad sign). Usually they would be raiding the kitchen getting a snack and just chillin out in my bed or the couch. Today was different though, this is where I found them. Doing their homework too, which is totally weird for them-they normally take 30-60 minutes to decompress before doing homework.

Ken left yesterday for a quick business trip to Washington D.C. He is only going to be gone two nights (1 night down already). But we miss him alot. I was going through our videos and the kids liked watching these ones that I took a week or so ago at scripture time. Seriously, I can't believe Ken wonders why it takes so long for us to read scriptures.

3 comments:

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

Too hilarious! You should get the "Mom of the year award" for how much time you are alone! Glad it's almost over, I hate it when my hubby's gone for too long.

Stephanie T said...

Actually Ken is hardly ever gone without us. This trip makes it 33 nights we have been apart in 10 years. We actually keep a tally. Although we'll see what happens in the next month with his newest version of software being released.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I love that video with Ken and the kids. They look like they love their daddy a lot! That put a smile on my face just watching it.