We made some pretty good memories though, even if we just stayed home...
Ken played a ton with the kids, it was nice I could rest so much. Rose and Ginger loved to play ball with their Daddy. The boys loved their Dad playing video games, particulary Lego Star Wars and Robotech on the PlayStation. And they really loved that Ken set up the computers in his office so they could play computer games against each other. Spaceward Ho is one of their favorites! The also played an Army Tank game too. Here's a picture of all my guys playing a computer game together. They offered for me to play too, since why not Ken has 4 computers in one room, but I passed.

As a family we played Ticket to Ride a ton. We stayed up a couple of nights until 1 am playing with Lola and Papa. It's so much fun!

The girls loved using our dinning room table as a runway and jumping off into my arms. I would twirl with them and as soon as their little feet hit the ground they would run around the table, hop back on the chair, and climb onto the table to do it again. It was so much fun and they were giggling and laughing like crazy!




At our little New Years Party (it was just us and Lola and Papa) we had lots of appetizers for dinner.

Then as we were playing Rumikub our cutie pie Ginger would walk around the table and sneak tiny cocktail sausages from the sideboard.

It was so funny, because if she saw one of us looking at her or if we made a comment about it she would run away, like "What, I'm not getting into anything!" Then she would come around again and steal another sausage when she thought we weren't looking. Of course Lola was the best at catching her in the act.



The weather was so nice over the break (other then the couple of days it dipped into the 40's) that we had quite a few picnic lunches outside on our lawn. The kids loved playing outside, and I liked that there aren't crumbs to clean up after lunch when we eat outside, and Ken liked...

Yep, that would be falling asleep on the front lawn. It was warm outside (75) but breezy, so the kids covered their dad with a blanket. And themselves for that matter! And Ken slept for an hour like that.

Darin was even playing with his very loud, very fast remote control car. Lola was at our house washing her cars with the kids, and she was nice enough to wash our Subruban too.

Rose was having fun skipping and dancing down our driveway in the small stream of water.

It was a very nice relaxing day and I couldn't blame Ken for drifting off to sleep. Besides he needed his beauty sleep because that night Lola and Papa watched all of the kids while we went out to a movie and dinner and had a fabulous 6 hour date!
2 comments:
how fun im glad you had such a nice break
Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how big the boys are now. Thanks for sending a Christmas card this year. I'm so glad you have a blog. I think about you guys all the time, this will be a great way to keep in touch.
Post a Comment