Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hasta La Vista Baby!

We are at 10 hours and counting until we leave for Cancun.


Yeah, for 3 nights alone with Ken!!! Especially since our children have seemed to kick it up a notch (or 5!) this past week.

I'm not going to miss...
This cutie refusing to sleep in her crib, refusing to take naps, and just in general refusing to sleep.

Or how she will now move a chair anywhere she wants, climb up, and get into anything she wants.

Or how about the past few weeks while Ken was out of town she had been constantly crying for "Daddy" and now that he is home and trying to take care of her all she has been saying is "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy".

I will however miss...

My pretty girls getting along. When I bought our tickets my first concern was to get Rose and Ginger to play together nicely. I am very happy to say mission accomplished! Which is more then I can say on the 15 lbs I wanted to lose. They are really cute together now!

And my beautiful dancing girl.

And scripture time and cuddling with my big boys. Although after the tears and complaints they gave us about leaving them (that required us to spend our whole time this afternoon and tonight talking, playing, and cuddling them instead of packing) I think I will be good for a couple of days. I say by Saturday I will be missing my cuddles big time!

It really was unbelieveable the guilt trip one of our boys tried to give us. I'm not naming names but it probably isn't the one you expect. However Rose has been handling us talking about leaving extremely well. She even promised to take care of her big brother and to give him lots of hugs so he wouldn't cry.

BTW- This is Phoebe our dog, I never got around to introducing her but we got her about 6 weeks ago.

Anyway, off we go to have a fun vacation and be by ourselves! That is if we ever get packed in time. We aren't too worried about the kids since they will be in the more then capable and loving arms of my parents.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo excited! While I am going to miss our children, I am so looking forward to a small bit of time to spend with my wife. Alone. Playing. Enjoying each others company without a munchikin hanging on each arm and leg. A bit of time to just spend concentrating on each other rather than a dozen other things.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

You guys are going to have a great time, and i am sure your kids will too. They are in great hands and I am sure they will be spoiled while you are gone. I hope you have a wonderful time. Take one extra dip in the water for me too.

Natasha said...

I am so excited for you guys I bet you will have a great time I am so excited for my get away with Sean for get aways.