When we were driving down to Vegas I got scared seeing our shadow out of the corner of my eye, and then I decided to take a picture. It was just me and the kids since Ken flew down earlier.
Or more to the point there is nothing you can't freely say out loud. When your 4 children are constantly around it doesn't really matter if you and your husband are staying in the nicest (aka most sensual) hotel room you have ever been in!
This is the bedroom area. The beds were so soft and comfy. The best word to describe it is LUXURIOUS.
The living room was sunken about 3 steps down. The kids thought that was pretty cool. You can't tell really well, but the living room area was very large.
Bathroom. It was also really big, especially the toilet room. Which I didn't really understand because you could have fit a queen size bed in there. I didn't take a picture of the toilet though.
Tub and Shower
View from the huge floor to ceiling windows. The blinds and drapes were automated--the kids had a ton of fun playing with te remote control. Heck, Ken did too:-)
I really liked these little Chaises.
This couch could fit 8 people on it. It was really comfy.
This is the view during the day. We were on the 39th floor of the hotel. Our hotel made Treasure Island look tiny. It was really cool one night because we were able to watch the Treasure Island show from our room a couple of times. Which is pretty much the only way I would have let the boys see it. I looked on their website to find out what times it started at. After seeing the little clip it was definately not child friendly. But, we decided that from 39 floors up it would definately be G rated.
We have been to Vegas one time before. So I really wasn't looking forward to taking our children to the Strip for Ken's work conference. But I am really glad that we spent a few days with Ken. We probably wouldn't go out of our way to take the kids again because the strip is wildly inappropriate for boys who are about to start hitting puberty.
We barely left our room or hotel the two days we were there but we had fun. In the room me and the boys played a couple of games and just hung out. Rose and Ginger had more then enough room to roam in the room too. Then we spent most of the day at the pool.
This is a few of the pools we could see from our room.
The kids and I really had alot of fun at the pools. Too bad Ken had to be inside at meetings all day. This pool was huge, each side had about a 40'x50' shallow area that was only 1 foot deep (perfect for Ginger!). Then it steps down into a larger part that was 4 feet deep.
Rose and Ginger got hungry after 3 1/2 hours of swimming. They really loved swimming. Anyway, the only disappointing thing was that they had waitresses coming around for drink orders but not food. There was a walk-up restaurant near the pool. But way too far away to leave the boys swimming while I got the girls something to eat. Plus it was way too packed to take all 4 of them in dripping wet. So the girls just had to be satisfied with the little bit of crackers I had in my purse.
I was bored so I took a picture of our hotel from the ground. It really was massive.
I loved cuddling this little girl. She normally want to run away whenever I try. But she was so tired that she ended up drifting to sleep.
Rose hung out with me for awhile. Then she got her swimming vest on and went back out into the pool. She will swim around independently. The funny thing was that when Ken came out and visited us he saw Rose off by herself in the middle of the pool and called the boys over to the side and told them they needed to be by their sister's side. Ken had never seen how Rose can swim around by herself. Or actually demands to swim off by herself.
Rose likes to put clips in her hair. It's really cute.
The boys loved swimming. We ended up being at the pool for 5 1/2 hours total. They made a few friends and enjoyed having other boys to play with instead of just each other. Although I think it is funny that they will play with a kid for two hours and not even find out their name.
My Nathan. He is a little fish and super fast at swimming now.
Us waiting for the Valet. Thursday night Ken took us off the Strip for dinner and mainly dessert. We wended up eating at Leatherby's. Sooooo Good.
Isn't Ginger's smile so cute! She looks like a little doll.
We had alot of fun in Vegas. So much that Ken and I want to go back by ourselves. Nice Hotel, Good Food, and Fun Shows. We think it would be pretty fun!
2 comments:
I forgot to ask you if you went to Serendipity? I'm guessing not since you don't have any pics of their awesome frozen hot chocolate.
I've never been to Vegas. I agree, it probably wouldn't be on the top of my list for family vacations, but it looks like you guys had fun at the hotel. My kids love going to hotels and swimming in the pool. Sometimes, I think they have more fun at the hotel then what we went there for :)
Post a Comment