Monday, November 23, 2009

Why we love Big Brothers!

At our house, like many homes with small children, QUIET makes you nervous. Loud laughter, squeals of delight, grunting and heaving, the sounds of bodies crashing into walls...things like that make us feel relaxed.

So that was what Ken and I were doing this Friday night. Just chilling out in our room because we knew we could rest easy. The boys were watching the girls...





It's become our tradition to get take-out and have the boys watch the girls on Friday nights for our date. We pay them a small amount and hideaway (unless there is an emergency) in our bedroom while they get practice hours for when they can really babysit. It's been awesome! I don't know if many other mothers would appreciate the level of entertainment they put into babysitting, but I do and I think our girls are the luckiest sisters in the world!

1 comment:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I totally love that idea! I think we might have to try that too. Dallin is a great babysitter, especially when he gets paid. We paid him once to watch the kids inside while we had an Elders Quorum BBQ in our back yard.