Monday, August 16, 2010

Ginger's First Major Haircut

This isn't technically Ginger's First Haircut because Rose chopped off a few chunks around Christmastime, then we took her to get it trimmed up somewhat.

But, this was pretty major we cut off about 5 inches of her hair. For months Ken has been trying to talk Ginger into getting her haircut because it is a pain to brush. Plus she likes to wear it down so it get very tangled. He never succeeded though in the 100's of times he has asked her.

Then my sister come into town for one night and she asks Ginger if she can cut her hair. And Ginger says, "Auntie, can cut my hair!"

So there you have it. My sister is cutting Ginger's hair

Which wasn't always an easy task. She had a few wiggles.
But she sat pretty still most of the time.

Her hair was about 3/4 of the way down her back. Now it is a few inches past her shoulders.
People tell me all the time that Ginger looks just like me. I can kind of see the resemblance but I think she is far prettier then me. In this picture though I can see myself at 3 years old.

All done! I swear she looks so much more grown-up now. I don't know how I feel about that, she still has a few more months until she turns 3! I want her to still be my baby. She has always been so advanced that I don't really want her to look older too. At least she is still attached to us! She hates most babysitters other then Lola and Darin, and even though she loves Nursery she won't go without Ken or me.
Rose wanted in on the haircutting too. Unlike Ginger, Rose wants to get her haircut everytime the boys get theirs cut. Sometimes I sneak the boys out of the house Mission Impossible style to get their haircut without her.
Auntie trimmed Rose's hair for her. Rose sits super still. I'm not kidding, I move around way more then she does. Hairdressers always comment on it.
Thanks Auntie for making my girls beautiful!









2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes, Ginger looks like you! She also (and I've told you this before) was the most beautiful baby I have EVER seen.

sockiepuppetsmom said...

Don't I look so lovely in my sock monkey pjs!?