Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lego Land

Ken and I are not amusement park go-ers at all. We'll visit one that is nearby occasionally but we have never gone out of our way to take our children to Disneyland or anything. While we were in San Diego we decided that we should take advantage of it and visit Lego Land. First, we dressed like how you do when you go to a Texas amusement park, that's why everyone is wearing their swimsuits. In Texas you wear swimsuits so that way you can go to the water section every other hour to cool off and make it bearable. It was actually a chilly 70 degrees all day long.


The legos throughout the park were quite amazing!
I took Rose and the girls to ride the mini cars, the boys and Ken had to ride the bigger cars. Rose really liked it but at the last minute she was too scared to drive by herself.
During our lunch the Lego-ettes came and performed and Rose was smitten!
That is one very happy girl!
Me and Ginger on the planes.
Ken and Rose. If you can't tell Rose LOVED Legoland. I think she like it more then the boys. Which kind of makes sense, I think the park is designed for the 5-9 yr old set.
Darin and Nathan on the planes.

The kids really did love all the things made out of legos. They also liked the Indiana Jones fun house.

We went on boat rides.



Ooh, what a scary shark!
We went on a dragon roller coaster that Ginger was just barely able to ride. She loved it so much. It was probably the 3rd most thrilling ride in the park. Which kind of shows that if a 3 year old can ride it then the others probably aren't such a big deal.

Ken and the boys went on the technic test track together.
While I took the girls to get their face painted.

Safari ride. All the animals were made out of lego of course:-)

We finally made it to the water park, boy was that water cold. Rose talked her Dad into letting her ride sown a big water slide by herself. He went with her but she had to ride it all by herself. What a big girl!

I was scared but she came out just fine and swam to the edge.
Me and Ginger stayed in the beach area. Ginger was happy to practice her swimming skills.

Rose talked her brothers into taking her down the slides too. She loved the slides.
Water Fight!

We were freezing after the swim so we hopped in the family dryer.
On our way out of the park, guess who got brave! Ginger decided she could drive a car by herself.
It's funny that I have pictures of the girls with this dog since Darin was the one who actually won it. He was so happy! I cannot believe that we took this dog with us up to San Francisco and all the way back to Texas. He sure is lucky that we packed light.

Ken and I still have the same thoughts on amusements parks. They can be fun, but it took me about 6 hours to really get into it. But, I think they kind of suck for a family vacation. I felt like all day my family was torn apart going in different directions because the rides the girls could ride, the boys couldn't, and vice versa. I'm not a fan of the crowds, waiting in lines, or being chaotic. They are so expensive and I just don't think it is worth the memories that you make. Give me a beach vacation any day!

2 comments:

Buchfam said...

That looks like lots of fun! So cute to see Rose so excited about all of it! Doesn't going places with children just make everything so much more fun!

Corbett Family said...

Our trip to Legoland a few weeks ago was really fun. (The water park wasn't an option because it was closed, so luckily we didn't have to worry about fitting that in.) I definitely agree it is best for the 5-9 set. Two of my kids are in that age group and they could do everything and had a blast. We ended up having two other families from AZ there with us on the same day, so we sort of divided into age groups with them and that made it more fun--didn't feel like such a divided vacation. If we had been there by ourselves, I totally get what you mean about being divided up all day.