This is Rose's first "official" day of school! She is a big Kindergartner! She was so happy and excited to start school. You can tell because she wore her very favorite dress, let me do her hair special, and was nothing but huge smiles!
All of this picture taking made us late on her first day. That, plus at the last minute we remembered that she hadn't done her show and tell name bag. Whoops! Ken and I should really walk the parent hall of shame for that one because she was begging us to do it every 5 minutes when she got her brown bag to fill up and we pushed it off for 3 days, then forgot.
Here she is in front of her school. And in her classroom. How we managed to snap a picture in the 60 seconds we were in the room is still beyond me.
Actually, it's probably good we were late so we couldn't linger and tear up. We saved that for when we got home. Ken and I just crawled back in bed and moped. Ginger didn't mope at all that her siblings were gone. She danced around and was so happy.
It feels like a beginning of an era with Rose starting school. We have had our little girls at home with us for the past 5 years and we aren't quite ready to let them go. In fact Ken's first word was that we better have more kids. It will be a very sad day when Ginger starts school.
I only moped for an hour because a mom from Ginger's preschool group called me, and it was time for me to get her group going and organized. When I got off the phone, Ken was still cuddling Rose's favorite purple blankie. I took a picture of him because I knew Rose would get a huge kick out of it. She came back to us!
She really liked her first day of school. Well, with a few complaints about how you have to be quiet and listen all day:-)
Pretty funny considering that she was awarded a Gold Star for being such a good listener!
Rose has adjusted really well to school. She loves it but still comes home pretty tired half the time. I can't blame her since elementary school is 7:35am-2:30pm. It's awful and we miss her alot. It took Ken and me two weeks to adjust to the new school year. After being together almost constantly this summer, it was so weird to have most of our kids gone all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment