I've gone with her most mornings too. It has been great to see the reading strategies Mrs. Dickey uses with her class as I practiced at home.
A few weeks before school got out they had one last Breakfast Club Party and Sight Word Competition. Rose was so excited! We brought in some goodies for the party.
They played fun sight word games after eating breakfast.
Here's Rose with her breakfast club class.
Silly Face.
Rose loved when I helped in her breakfast club, I think it made her feel more confident and she really loved showing off her reading skills for me. Plus, I think she just loves the one on one time in the car each morning. She slipped me this note one day. So sweet, and made it totally worth it to wake up early and spend an hour at the school every morning!
I would do sight word sentence flashcards as one of the rotations. I have to say the biggest ego boost came when her teacher stopped assigning kids to my rotation a month or so before we ended but a few would still come racing to me each time! Not to mention to 1st graders you're a rockstar. It's like if they see you in the hallway, "There's Rose's Mom!" Ooh, Ahh!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment