Thursday, July 24, 2014

Breakfast Date

My friend Kim gave Rose a ride home from activity days last night and Rose made a wistful comment to her about being an only child or something to that effect.  Kim talked to her about how it's so great to have lots of friends to play with in a big family and then privately told me about it later. Oh, how I love Kim, she always has my back!

Later that night when I was thinking about it I realized that Rose's comment wasn't really about her siblings but was more about her parents, and probably most likely me. She has spent a lot more time doing activities with Ken since we had Hazel. And I know she absolutely adores her siblings. She often complains about not getting enough playtime with them, particularly Darin and Nathan.

Anyway, this morning I woke up early with the girls and was able to spend some one on one time with Rose for a few hours before we had to start our day. My Rosebud loves to be cuddled and it has been way too long since I've had a chance to really give her some lovin without any distractions. She reminds me of a kittycat, it's like you can hear her purr when I rub her back.

Hazel was still sleeping after that so me and Rose went out to McDonald's for breakfast. It was a really early morning for me but one that was badly needed not just for Rose but for me too!  I love my Rosebud!!!




No comments: