The youth were challenged to find 10 names to bring to the temple before their next Temple Trip. I'm not going to lie as a mom I inwardly groaned when I heard about the challenge like one more thing to add to my list of things. Thankfully our ward has awesome family history consultants and they taught the youth a few things. I took the boys a few hours and they found a few names. I told them that if they each found 20 names then I would take them to the temple before school starts with a few of their friends. Pretty ambitious since Hazel is only 3 months old. They worked on it pretty hard the next few days, especially Nathan who ended up finding over 30 names. A week later me and my friend Kim took 6 youth to the San Antonio Temple. It was such a fun trip!
Jacob Edwards, Nathan, Darin, Rachel Lusk, Ashley Didier, Jacob LuskLove these kids! They are awesome. I think it is funny that we also met our good friends the Mata's cousins who came up from down south. I actually invited Jean but they were busy that day. Nathan also saw a girl that he liked from EFY, Sierra, in the temple. He totally loved us glancing back and forth at her and him:)
On the way home from the San Antonio we met up with some other mom's at the river in San Marcos. Jacob's mom, Nanci, brought up my girls so they could play with us also.
Rose's favorite part was the rope swing.
All the Youth about to shoot the rapids.
Me and my girlies! Well at least two of them. Hazel stayed home with Ken all day. Thank goodness she takes a bottle. Although, my chest was killing me. Not exactly the most comfortable with the girls floating on my chest and sitting on my lap.
Unfortunately on our way home from the river our Suburban ended up toasting the transmission. Nanci was so sweet to stay with us until Jeri and Mike Ashford came to save the day. On top of all of this it was Mutual night and we were running late to our activities. The Ashford's dropped us off at the church and I was able to finally hold and nurse my baby! Mommies and 3 months old should not be separated. Although for having car troubles I think it really helped that my main concern was just getting back to my baby. It also helped that Kim and Nanci were so awesome!
Oh my goodness, a hot shower and cuddling my baby never felt so good. Love this sweet girl! She loves to be swaddled, but she also loves to have her hands by her face.
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment