Rose and Ginger had their fun run on Friday. Rose's grade had to run a mile, 4 laps. At our new school they collect popsicle sticks for each lap instead of giving the kids spot on their hands. After they collect 3 sticks that kids run to the bucket where the marking people write down their time. Rose got to be a marker girl while the boys ran.
She was very happy.Then as the girls ran their mile we lined up along the way to cheer and give high fives.
She looks pretty amazing when she runs. I had worked out prior to this and I'm pretty sure I did not have nearly as good of form.
Papa cheering her on!
Even Hazel got into it smiling at the girls running by!
Lola and Rose after her mile run.
She was so hot and thirsty. I had to grab my cup of water from the car.
Later in the afternoon was Ginger's run. 1st grade is a lot shorter though and Papa left right on time and barely was able to see her do the last lap. Me and Hazel weren't even out of the car when they started heading inside:(
Thankfully Papa was able to get a few pictures of Ginger and a hug!
Unfortunately during recess Rose was running around with some friends and fell and sprained her ankle. Not exactly a fun start to the weekend. In fact she ended up needing to rest her foot all weekend and the swelling still hadn't gone down.
I spent a day taking her to the doctor and to get x-rays. Thankfully it ended up just being a super bad sprain and not broken. The bad news was the Rose needed to be fitted for a orthopedic boot and we couldn't get an appointment until the next day. Not exactly great news especially because Ken needed to go to Plano overnight for a work meeting. I went with him so he wouldn't have to drive there and back so quickly. Rose told me that she didn't want me to go and I bribed her to let Papa take her to her appt. But, I totally had a feeling that I could just bring her and that maybe it would be good for her to just get away with me, Ken, and Hazel. Unfortunately I didn't follow that prompting and I immediately felt guilty that we didn't bring her.
First, Ken got upgraded to a super nice suite. Then the room had a whole theme with pictures on the wall of the yellow Rose of Texas. Oh my goodness, I felt so bad. Rosebud would have loved this room. I wouldn't have minded the company either. Ken had to jump on a conference call
Hazel certainly enjoyed the suite life. She was way happier on this trip then she was when we went to Washington DC.
After breakfast Ken went to work and me and Hazel took a lovely walk around the village.
Papa took Rose to get fitted for her boot. She was very happy to be able to hobble around.
No comments:
Post a Comment