Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Cooking with the Priests

I was pretty flattered that the priests asked me to teach them how to make fancy date night food again.  Every 3rd mutual night of the month they have a combined Priest/Laurel activity.  Since Ken is serving as the YM's president currently I often get asked to help out with these activities.  It's super fun and these boys are hilarious!
 
I taught them how to make chocolate bombs.  Literally!  The balloons kept popping.  James and Jacob kept getting hit.  Filled the chocolate cups with chocolate mousse and whipped cream.
 They also learned how to make a fancy salad.  Mainly I just told them they had to pick 5 different toppings and to make it look fresh and colorful.  Sweet boys made a salad in a jar for their mom's.
 For the main course I taught them how to make Chicken wrapped in Bacon and Cheesy Scalloped potatoes.  It was yummy!
 I taught them how to make all these things about 3 weeks before their activity.  We froze the scalloped potatoes (pre-cooked) and the chicken wrapped in bacon (uncooked).  So the night of the activity all the boys had to do was set up and bring the finishing touches.  Ken and I finished off the food.  Ginger was more then happy to help her Dad make the chocolate mousse cups.
;
 Hazel helped by trying to get into everything as usual:)
 It wouldn't be a Priest activity without Ken getting a bunch of last minute texts, ugh!  The boys all came through in the end though and it was a great activity!  Cute Coconut!!

No comments: