Wednesday, May 7, 2008

National Scrapbook Day


On Saturday me and my sister went to a crop all day event in Austin. It was neat, we didn't get home until 1:30 am on Sunday (Can you believe how fabulous we look at 1 am, we really should have thought to take pictures before we were exhausted?). AmazinglyI was able to get 500 pictures printed of Rose's 1st year in one day. I stressed all Friday about getting the pictures printed off, then at the convention I didn't even use a single one. I (meaning my sister) was able to put together 3 pages, I did pick the paper and cut out letters and shapes. The three pages were a title page and then pictures of her ultrasound. I liked looking at all the pretty papers and embellishments my sister brought for me to use. I had alot of fun though hanging out with my sister, and learning to use the Cricut. We had a really good dinner too. And I made a photo canvas frame for Rose and Ginger's room, so at least I accomplished something. However, I have decided that Scrapbooking is not for me, just organizing the pictures and choosing them took so much time the past 3 days. And I'm just not very good at it, and my wonderful sister agreed to finish off Rose's for me, so I think I am good for now. At least until next year, because I really want to go with my sister again.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Y'all do look great at 1 a.m., too, and I think this is the first time I have seen your sister. Sounds like you had a blast.

Those pages are SO CUTE! Too bad the Cricut costs about a million bucks, or else I'd have to get me one. ;)

sockiepuppetsmom said...

I had a lot of fun with you too:) I hope she does it again next year!

Natasha said...

you guys look great but then again you always look great babe. Glad you had a good time with your sis.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Wow, your pages look awesome! I have always wanted to try the Cricket. I am glad you had a great time.- Jamie

Moo said...

I relate on the scrapbooking thing. People ask if I like to scrapbook and I say, "I like to buy scrapbooking supplies with the intention of scrapbooking, but never really getting around to doing it. I say, if the pictures are labeled, good enough!