Anyway, now that the boys are 9 and 7 I've decided that I should give up all hope of bestowing them with a scrapbook commemorating all the special events in their lives. It's nice to not feel the guilt about that anymore! But, now I have two little girls, and I feel that I should at least do a scrapbook up until their 1st Birthday for them too. Then that way when they are all older and ask me questions like "Why don't I have as many pictures as Darin?" I will at least be able to point them to their scrapbook and everyone will realize it is fair in some sort of way. However, I am still always torn about if that will be enough.
For example, I have plenty of cute and fun pictures of the boys displayed around the house. But yet, I only have 2 pictures of Rose in frames. As for Ginger she has only made a presence in a photo taped up by my computer. And I feel badly, like I love them just as much, I just haven't accumulated the years of pictures. I have to wonder if the girls will grow up with a complex because their brothers have twice as much photo space on the walls.
So, this brings me back to my question if I need a new hairstyle. Looking through all of our digital pictures has been an ordeal. First of all, we NEVER organize them. It's usually a dump to our computer. Which I thought was normal until I talked to my friend and she files them away on CD monthly. So she has everything in chronological order. I however think I am lucky because Ken found backups of our pictures from our past 4 computers. I had a breakdown yesterday because I couldn't find any pictures of Rose from 6 month-1 year. But he found them along with 5000 other pictures, which he labeled like serial numbers. I am not joking the folders will be titled 271803 or 192301. At some point in time it made sense to him, and I remember many times I would say why don't you just name them normal names. Although to be fair I named them "normal names" which now don't make any sense because it's like "1st day of School" "Park City Trip" "Pumpkin Patch". At least it is descriptive, but then not, because we have experienced all of those events at least 5 times, if not more.
Anyway here is a picture of me and Darin at his 1st day of Kindergarten. And then here is a picture of me just a few months ago. It's nice to realize that in 5 years, I haven't changed my hairstyle. Also do you think I look older? I want to look older, but do I really, or is it just because the Kindergarten picture was taken when a good digital camera only had 3.1 mega pixels, and now a good one has 8.1 mega pixels.

7 comments:
I would say it's hard to tell if you look older or not because the picture with Darin is further away. But hey your skin looks amazing:)Maybe it's time for a new hairstyle? I'm excited for this weekend too, don't worry you will do just fine.
When I actually get around to naming photos, I use the following message. Year, initial, #. This translates to 78M1. More detailed info is great, but being able to narrow it down to people in the picture. More than 1 person in the picture. 78AJPM1. This stands for 1978 Alycia, John, Peter, & Megan #1. This way I can set up different folders, but still have who is in them at my eyeball-tips.
I think you look just about the same in the 2 pictures. I don't think you look any older, but it is nice to keep the youthful appearance. I know it is sometimes hard to be mistaken for a Young Woman, but you will be thankful when you're older (like as in elderly) and finally your looks have caught up to middle-age. :)
I wish I had time for scrapbooking, but I usually don't--not yet anyway. It sounds like it's not a hobby that you're very much into, but I hope you have fun just hanging out with your sister. Where are you going to the "crop?" I stopped by Archiver's today and they had some free "make & takes" that I actually got to do with both kids in tow. It was so fun!
I know the feeling about the years worth of photos just dumped on the computer. That is how ours is, too, though Chris is always suggesting we burn them onto CDs. But have we done that yet? NO!
Stephanie,
I think you look just a tad older, but not much. But seriously, be glad for that. Our photos are all dumped in there too, so you're not the only one. And it's time for a new hairstyle if you WANT a new hairstyle, but if not, then don't. I think your hair looks great how it is.
Steph,
You look the same to me in both shots. You were beautiful then and you are beautiful now. If you want a new style go for it! It always makes me feel energized to get my hair done. It's weird how that is, but when I do something for "ME" I feel so good! Can't wait to see what you decide.
- Jamie
hey sexy,
I definatly think you look a little older now than you did then. As far as the hairsyle goes I think your hair looks great anyway you have it. You are way more creative then you give yourself credit for. As far as the pics of the kids go its only natural that your older kids will have more than the others you should see how many I have of Keara compared to brie. Love ya
Thank you Tasha,my one and only true friend:-)
Post a Comment