The gist of his advice was to concentrate on our own personal family and feel the joy that "our family", the family we have made together, gives us.
I haven't blogged for the past two weeks because I was having a hard time remembering something that I wanted to write down and remember, which is rare for me but really shows how much we have been surviving day to day.
I looked through my camera's pictures after hearing our Bishop's advice and I found the sweet tender moments that have made us laugh and smile these past few weeks. And I remembered the joy my family brings me...

Rose let me curl her hair for church. I love doing her hair. That is our time together. I love those big springy curls, I think she is so beautiful!

Darin playing with Rose and sharing things that he loves with her. He is letting her choose Pokemon stickers from his book to put on her Pokemon box (that he gave her). It makes Rose so happy.

Rose and Nathan have always had a closer bond but lately Darin has really made an effort to include her and they have become even closer too. She even loves it that Darin will include her in his chores. He has been trying to teach her how to vacuum, which is hilarious, but he also gets her to help with setting the table.

Daydreaming outside with my kids and hearing them talk. Half of it is silly and weird and I may not even totally understand. But I love to cuddle my boys and hear what they have to say.

Sitting on the tramp outside. I don't like to jump, but I like sitting outside with them and watching them have fun. Even when I have been stressed, sleep-deprived, and crying. In fact being outside in the nice weather (it's been mid 70's) was really refreshing.

Having a cute little Monkey on my back.

A few months ago I stopped by a sister in our ward's house unexpectadely. I had never been to her house but as I drove down the street I saw her jumping on the tramp with her son. I will forever have that burned in my memory as an example of what a mom should do. And now she is more like a friend then just some random sister in the ward.


Playing with the kids in our bed. Who doesn't love a good game of "Get Daddy's Tummy" That requires blowing big, wet, slobbery lips on Daddy's tummy. Or "Let's NOT get daddy!" Which means let's pretend we just want Dad to cuddle us and then when he is about to doze off small fingers find their way to Dad's armpits, ears, neck, etc. to tickle him.
Or some weird variation of "Making a Taco/Sandwhich" At this moment I captured on film they were making breakfast. There is Pancake(Ken), Egg(Darin), Nuts (Nathan-because he is boney and crunchy), and Pancake (Rose). Rose insisted she had to be PANCAKE! We tried to get her to be syrup but she wasn't having any of it.

The girls with their Dora Sunglasses. Ken brought Dora Sunglasses home with Dora Chapstick from his last business trip. He definately got them really good presents! They loved them.

Ginger won't keep them on for more then a second but she smiles when we do and likes to carry them around.

Speaking of Dora...Rose wearing her backpack for three days straight. I actually love when my kids get fanatical about cartoon charaters or toys. I especially loved the Thomas the Tank Engine Phase with the boys. It just makes it so much easier to do things to surprise them (like buying a $.50 box of Dora animal crackers) or get them practical things (like choosing a new pair of shoes or a set of big-girl underwear with Dora on them). It's fabulous!!!

Notice how many pictures on my blog Rose is in a swimsuit??? Yeah, that would be alot of them because she is also fanatacal about that! Which I think is soooooo cute except for when we have to get her in a dress for church.

Anyway, this is Rose and Ginger dancing on top of their toy chest. They were very adorable, and having such a fun time giggling and stomping their feet. But I probably should have disregarded some of their cute-ness and got them off of it before Ginger fell off, luckily it was just onto the chaise. And by fell, I mean she flung herself face first onto the chaise, bounced off and wanted to do it again.

Cooking in the kitchen while everyone else in the house is running in circles around me like crazy monkey's.
1st- I love cooking for my family.
2nd- I've always wanted a house that is loud and full of noise and laughter, and kids bouncing off the walls.
3rd- This is what they were doing...


Don't you just love Ginger's cute little tushie! She had an awful yeast rash this weekend, so she spent most of unclothed from the waist down to air-out. It totally worked where various diaper creams had failed the previous 3 days. But Ken had to use the steam cleaner 3 times. And apparantly not having a diaper didn't stop her from having fun too. Although I think Ken originally picked her up to keep her safe from the stampede of kids as he played laser tag against the boys.

Ginger clapping after every prayer. Rose is just starting to say prayers (with our help of course). And so we have been clapping for her. Ginger now thinks we clap for every person after they say a prayer. It is so adorable! And I love how she has been doing it for the past week. She even did it at church!
7 comments:
One of the things that I promised myself and continue to promise is that my kids would know that we love them. That we would do as much as possible to reassure them and make sure that they never doubt that they are loved. I am so proud they seem to always know that they are loved and that their confidence grows from this.
I have been travelling a lot lately and I love reading these posts and remembering the special moments that I have had with my family and that Stephanie has had with our children.
Awwww, what a good husband you are Ken.
I am sorry you've had such a hard time lately. I hope that things are getting a little better now. If I can ever do anything for you, please let me know. . .and I mean that. I loved that post! I felt so good reading it. You are a great mommy.
We love your family and think that you guys are just the best! Hope that things are getting better and that lots of happy days are ahead for you!!!
How blessed and lucky you are if I could only be half the mother you are. I love you so much and totally love what a great mommy you have turned out to be. I am so glad that you have ken and that together you have a wonderful fun family. Hope your feeling better. I love and miss you lots wish you were closer
What a sweet family. I love that you find such joy in them - I hope to be that kind of mom someday.
Post a Comment