But I have been doing a few things to get ready for our trip. Like trying on this dress and being frustrated. I bought it for $25 clearanced at Target after the holidays without even trying it on. I figure it will be a good dress to see show in or something.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad dress. The color is beautiful and it shows off my curves (probably more then I would like, but as if Ken would mind that:-). It's just not this dress. "The Dress!" You can read about all the reasons why I love my 10th anniversary dress on that link.

Unfortunately, we left the dress at the Ritz. Which was okay because they had found it and emailed Ken 5 pages of forms to fill out and then they would send it to us. But by the time we got back from out trip to CA and Ken faxed them the forms they had lost it, or it was damaged. We never got a clear picture on that but they gave us $150 to replace it. I've gone to every JCP around us, looked online, and called the catalog. But it was no where to be found. And I have been sighing over it ever since then.
Particularly lately as I am trying on my new dress and realizing I don't have any jewelry to go with it and I don't know how to wear my hair and a million other things I can say to pick it apart.
Then yesterday I woke-up with a jolt, and thought you need to look on eBay. And I found it. My Long, Lost Dress. Only problem is that the auction ended on Friday and it may or may not get shipped in time for our trip. There was a buy it now option. But with shipping it would have made the dress 3 times what I paid for the original and that would have rubbed me the wrong way every time I saw it. Really I debated this back and forth with Ken and my sister. So I sent an email to the seller and asked her if I could buy it for $50 ($40 cheaper) with shipping included immediately. And she said yes and canceled her auction! Now this dress is on it's way Priority to me!!!

The only catch is that this dress is two sizes smaller then the original I bought. But last summer I thought I could have gone down one size. So really that makes this dress one size smaller. I've lost 8lbs since then but I've also stopped nursing and that is where it is fitted the most. But even so it is stretchy. Which is one of the reasons I love it. You've got to love a sexy, pretty dress you can eat a 24 oz. Porterhouse in!!! (Which is totally what I did, while my husband ordered the fish with fruit chutney, and then ate half of my steak too:-)
I'm ANTI- Antibiotics

In another case of Deja Vu. I was sick last year right before we went to Cancun and ended up getting antibiotics two days before we left. Along with the warning that my BC Pills would be in-effective. Well, we decided we just didn't care, along with that I was still nursing, and I still wasn't regular or whatever. And then had a panic attack 3 weeks later.
So at the Dr. today she thinks I have a sinus infection and gave me 10 days of antibiotics and the same warning. Seriously, are you kidding me! I am just going to have to get over this sinus infection some other way because in-effective BC Pills is soooooooo not an option right now.
4 comments:
Steph! I'm so happy that you found your beloved dress. Ebay is awesome for finding lost loves. And you crack me up about the antibiotics. You know we have all thought about that before too!
LOL! After years of not being on the pill and finally getting pregnant I am suddenly worried about getting pregnant after the baby is born! I'm so glad you were able to get the lady to sell it to you for less AND ship it sooner!
I am so glad you found it, I hope it fits perfectly! Good for you going down dress sizes. . .wow. I hope you have a really really good time there, you deserve it.- Jamie
Yeah Yippee hallelujah Horay I am so happy you got your dress and I hope it fits great and you have a great time in Cancun try not to lose your dress again.
Post a Comment