
I have to post a picture of THE DRESS that I finally found! I've been looking for about 3 months in about 15 different department stores and tons of time browsing online. And I happened to just find the dress in a rack of like 50 other dresses at JC Penney's when I went to exchange shorts I had bought for Darin. It was truly a miracle, because not only is it gorgeous and just what I was looking for, but it was the only one like it and it was in my size, I actually cried because I was so happy after I bought it, the checkout lady thought I was nuts. But honestly, what are the chances that I would have found a dress I love.
We only have 2 weeks to go before we leave for our anniversary and I had ordered an acceptable dress online, but wasn't in love with it. Ken liked it so I was feeling ok about keeping it. But still I was really stressing about finding a dress that I would truly love and feel beautiful in for our anniversary dinner. Do you know how hard it is to find a modest semi-formal dress??? ARGH! And then I found this one, it is gorgeous in person. There is a black and silver beading around the neckline and around the waist that you can't really see in the picture. And an added bonus is that it is slightly stretchy and not tight at my waist so I will totally be able to eat our anniversary dinner too, YUM! And I will wear the cute bracelet and earring set my sister gave me for my birthday. Now I just have to get cute shoes.
Oh, and this part will totally make all you ladies jealous... But you know how when you want a cute dress but don't want to spend very much, and then you go to the store and all the dresses that look semi-decent are $80-100, so you come home empty handed and frustrated. So I was totally willing to spend up to $250 for this dress because it's for my 10th anniversary and Ken has set up a private Casita on the beach and it's just supposed to be this huge romantic dinner, right. So I wanted a beautiful dress. Yeah, so I got this dress for $34. Can you believe it?!! I was completely floored when she rang me up.
Anyway, I rushed home and tried it on for Ken, and I got the real reaction that I was wanting for my dress. This dress made his jaw-drop. He hung it up for me on my curtains in our room because it's so pretty I just want to look at it all the time. I know, I'm silly but I really really love it.
And the funny thing is that now Ken is stressing out about what he is going to wear for our anniversary dinner.
8 comments:
it's beautiful!!! i love it :) have a wonderful anniversary!
Steph it's gorgeous! I LOVE it! And I can't believe what a deal you got on it! $34??? That's unreal!
I am so glad you found it! I can totally picture you crying while the lady ringing you up is completely confused.
The dress looks beautiful, I am sure you'll feel just like Cinderella.
Love the dress. And what a great deal!
Now you just have to post the pictures of your new sexy shoes:)
I am so glad that you found the dress I can totally pic you in it you will look super hot. Ken won't be able to keep his eyes off of you. Have fun.
Congrats on finding such a deal on the perfect dress! I can't wait to read all about your trip and see pictures! :)
Forget Ken keeping his eyes off you...he won't be able to keep his hands off you!!! How many kids do you want??? :)
Post a Comment