Ken and I got back from Paris on Sunday night! We had so much fun, but we totally missed the kids. I'll post more about our end of the trip later... I just have to say that I have the Best Parents in the World!!!
We ended up going to London for 2 days before Paris, so they watched Darin, Nathan, and Rose from Sunday-Sunday. They had even spent most of the weekend before helping us get ready to go too. Ken only ended up being home from California for about 32 hours before we had to take off. So he ended up taking the boys to the Main Event so they could get some good time with Dad before we left. And my parents came out with me and watched the girls so I could shop for some "Europeon" clothes.
The Saturday before we left I made an emergency appt. with the pediatrician for Ginger, Ginger and Rose had a cold a few days earlier and I wanted to make sure it would be okay to take her on a 11 hr flight. She checked out the girls no problem, so I felt relieved. Then we get to London, and Rose ended up being sick for almost the entire week we were gone.
It was heartbreaking to be in Europe while she was sick. Ken kept reminding me that my parents would be holding her and taking care of her as much as I would want too if I was home. And they were probably able to a little more, since I would still have Ginger to care for too.
And my Father really did take care of her. He spent 3 nights holding her upright while she slept just so she would breather better and wouldn't cough as much. He took her to her pediatrician (I completely adore my kids' Dr.) and they gave him some medicine, and a loaner nebulizer (since I don't know where we put ours, and my Dad ended up searching my house for it but couldn't find it). I took Rose for a follow-up appointment on Monday and the whole Dr's office was glowing over my dad. How he was so sweet, and he was so worried about Rose, and how well he was taking care of her. He did do a great job! When we got home she was so much better. I'm just sorry he didn't get a full night of sleep the whole time he watched my kids.
My mom was working mostly during the day, but as soon as she got home she started spoiling all the kids. They got their favorite dinners and sometimes lunches the whole week. And breakfast too, so now that I'm home I've been waking up early to make them a hot breakfast before school, which has been really rare for me to do this school year, but I'm going to do it until they are out of school. Lucky for me that would be today! Anyway, if anyone wants to know why I love to cook and feed people so much, it's all because of my mom! That's what she does. That and give Rose a bath. Rose loves her baths, and my mom gave her a long bath every single night.
We really missed our kids, but it was so comforting to know they were being taken care of by people who know them so well and love them so much! I told Ken that we are not leaving the kids again anytime in the next 5 years. He says that he reserves the right to change my mind, but he will wait a year and a half.
The kids, all of the kids: Darin, Nathan, Rose, and Ginger have been sleeping in our room since we have got back. The boys are camped out on our floor, and the girls are in the bed with us since we have been home. I think tonight that boys will be kicked back up to their room. But they and I, needed that extra comfort the past 3 nights. We've had really good conversations though before we go to bed, it's a good thing this is the last week of school for them because we've been staying up way too late talking, like until 10:30pm and they wake up at 6:00 am for school.
3 comments:
I'm glad you're back:) Call me when you can.
you have the best parents in the world if only we could all be so lucky
Welcome back! I love that all the kids camped out in your room when you got back and you all stayed up late talking! What a fun family! Give me a call... we need to get together soon!
Post a Comment