Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Who's your Mama???

She may call me Mama! (don't even ask me how that got started, but she won't stop, so I've given up!) But she doesn't act like it.

Moment 1: Last night as I'm not feeling well and talking (okay, whining) on the phone to Ken about how bad I feel. Rose walks up to me and hands me a glass of water and says, "Here Mama, it will make you feel better, OK!"
So I drank it up and she went and got me another. Then she puts her hand on me and asks, "Do you feel sicky Mama?" Yes. "Drink Mama, you will feel better." She ended up bringing me 8 glasses of water. It's a good thing I can chug water!

Moment 2: This morning as we are eating cereal for breakfast Ginger is throwing a fit again because she doesn't want to sit on the booster seat. Since she is refusing to eat I put her down on the ground. Then Ginger scrambles around the table, moves a regular chair and climbs up. She is about to climb onto the table when I tell her not to. Does Ginger listen to me??? Of Course Not!

Rose (in her I'm in charge voice) says, "Ginger Stop. Get down from the table Right Now!"

Does Ginger listen to Rose? Totally! And she climbs right down from the chair.

Moment 3: I took the girls with me to the Dr.s office today. The nurse took a swab from my nose to see if I have the flu, which actually hurts. Now I can see why Rose cried when she got it done a few weeks ago.

Anyway, after the nurse left Rose tucks her arm underneath mine as we are sitting in chairs next to each other and says, "You are a sicky Mama, the Dr. will make you feel better." Strangely even though she is only 2 years old I am comforted and believe her.

Moment 4: Rose has started to pick up on facial expressions. Which is actually fabulous because it is so much nicer when you can just give your kids "the look" to get them to stop doing something then feeling like you have to yell or discipline them.

While we were waiting at the doctor Rose kept trying out the look on Ginger. The only problem is that Ginger doesn't stand still long enough to make eye contact.
At one point Ginger was getting into the magazines and I told her to stop. Rose gave her the I mean business look, which Ginger ignored. So finally Rose was exasperated and went and took the magazines from Ginger and put them on the table. Then Rose gave her sister a couple of sentence long speech about why she is not to touch them again. And it worked!

**Actually Rose has always been quite opinionated and outspoken when she thinks anyone in the family isn't doing what they should. She has started to tone it down a bit the past couple of months and still say it forcefully, but she is much nicer.

4 comments:

sockiepuppetsmom said...

Awww! Such a cutie! I wonder if she got that from my girls, Sockie calls me Momma all of the time.

Lisa said...

haha what a cute girl! That's great that she can be your helper and get Ginger back in line! ;-)

I hope you get feeling better soon!

Natasha said...

That is to funny I love how she wants to take care of you and be the mom to. Hope you feel better i had to have one of those swaps to not pleasant. I had bronchitis not the flu but at least it wasn't both right.

Ssac said...

I love your blog!!!