It was crazy as usual packing up. This time we had 10 days notice, Ken sure keeps it exciting:-) (actually I was hoping for us to tag along) He is the lead on a new product and has been working super hard with the Chief Architect and CIO to get it done in record time. So he has been making more trips out to his company's Headquarters. Ginger and I went out to CA with him for 5 days two weeks ago when Rose, Darin, and Nathan were at Cousin's Week with Lola and Papa.
Because of girls camp and how busy I was with everyone's registration and certifications I only had 3 days to pack us up and finish off the arrangements. Amazingly our house is actuallly really clean. The boys worked so hard cleaning it up while I packed up everything. We tried to pack light but we are still pretty full. Mainly it's because wanted to take everyone camping to some of my favorite spots in California.
We have alot planned and I plan on updating our blog everyday. Since it takes too much time if I don't.
Anyway, we finally left at noon yesterday. Not quite the 6 am I was planning but seeing as how we didn't go to bed until 5 am, it was better to get a few hours of sleep.
We drove from Austin, TX to Tucson, AZ (about 900 miles) in 13.5 hours. The kids were unbelieveably good. Like CRAZY GOOD! We only stopped twice for gas and bathroom breaks and that was it. Since we left late we never thought we would make it to Tucson but since the kids were so great we just kept driving.
I drove all of it except for 2 hours when I slept. Ken has been working super hard on this project at home and now on the road too. Poor guy:-( Thank goodness for his Verizon wireless modem and blackberry. He even was on a conference call while we were driving.
I'm loving my new iPod. My last one died after getting caught in one of Texas' crazy rainstorms where it rains 3 inches in 30 minutes. I've been avoiding getting one and just using my phone, but then I went to the Apple store and felt the new nano and couldn't resist anymore. It is so small and light!

The boys have been zoned out on their DS or reading. We are keeping up on reading the BoM too. We only have about 50 pages left but we are supposed to be done in 5 days too if we are going make our Stake President's challenge.
And he girls have loved watching Finding Nemo and just being in the car. We couldn't believe they went the first 3 hours just sitting in the car looking around.
At the Hotel at Last!
Anyway, we are all looking forward to this trip and the family time together!
2 comments:
I didn't realize you were driving out, makes sense though since you're going to be there so long. Eat at In N Out for me:)
glad you are having fun and that the kids were so good.
Post a Comment