Monday, June 29, 2009

Sailing with Carl and Jason (Day 3)

While we were in San Diego we were able to see Carl and Jason (Carl is Ken's older broher). We had so much fun with them! It was nice to see them, it felt like when we just lived 3 or 4 blocks away from each other by BYU.

I wish I would have taken a picture of their house. They have been restoring a craftsman style home for the past 5 years or so and they put on a really nice porch last summer.

Jason, as usual, made us a great breakfast. After breakfast they took us sailing. It was lots of fun! I wish I had more pictures but my camera battery was so low. Here are the few pictures I have...

Carl messing with the boys.


And the nice picture before we set sail


Jason getting the sails ready.

Carl steering. He explained alot of sailing to the boys and us. They boys really, really loved it!

Darin at the front of the boat. Jason would take them up to the front and let them ride up there for a few minutes. The boys LOVED it!

This is Nathan a few seconds after he came back from the front. Talk about a rush! Nathan kept wanting his Uncle Carl to hunt for waves from other boats. It was fun.

Ken and I didn't really get into any of the action like the boys. We were able to just enjoy the ride since we had babies to hold.

Carl took us by the seals and we were very close. The girls really liked that part and all the birds too. The weather was perfect and it was great day sailing.

We were going to go to lunch after sailing but there was an hour wait so we decided we better just take off for San Mateo. It's a good thing we did since we didn't get in until after midnight. It took us 9 1/2 hours to drive from San Diego to San Mateo. The kids were really good just as they have been this whole trip. Rose and Ginger got restless the last 1 1/2 hours for the very first time. But thankfully they fell asleep so we were able to unload all of our gear at our hotel.

1 comment:

Reianna said...

I have loved the daily updates! Keep 'em coming! You guys look so happy on that sailboat. Did the girls like being out on the water?