Thursday, October 22, 2009

Am I Crazy or Crazy in Love???

For those of you who don't have the pleasure of having a NEARLY 2 year old and ALMOST 3 1/2 year old at home. I thought I would just share a 15 minute snippet of my day... (I may sound sarcastic, but really it is actually quite fun and I certainly laughed a TON today!)

"Look Mommy, I Help You!"

Rose saw me slicing invites this morning and decided to help me while I was busy gathering up clothes and starting a load of laundry.

Too bad that she actually cut my door signs in half, and I don't have anymore of the paper. But she is so totally adorable and really proud of how she was helping me. Thank goodness for 3 in 1 printers! Thankfully I found her just in time and had 2 left that were un-harmed.

After I cleaned up the papers I received a phone call from Lola. While I was busy with Rose-- Apparently Ginger used the phone and called Lola and who knows who else. So Lola called us back and the girls talked on the phone with Lola for a couple of minutes.

Then I was in the kitchen warming up leftover spaghetti for lunch. It only took me like 2-3 minutes to warm it up and cut in up in their bowls. But in the meantime the girls...

I called them to come to the table and they didn't come. So I went off in search for them, but the smell hit me first. The smell of Nail Polish! (BTW- 4 weeks ago Rose streaked a hot pink nail polish drippings all over my bedroom carpet that was 7 ft by 2 ft wide and took me 13 hours to get out)

This time wasn't so bad, I saw Ginger sitting precariously on the side of my bed and Rose happily standing besides her.

Rose had happily painted her sisters toes!

Cleaned up the nail polish all over Ginger's toes (thankfully we only got one big drop of nail polish on my sheets) And it was time for lunch!

These girls totally keep me busy ALL-DAY-LONG. Getting them dressed, their hair done, re-dressed like 30 times (literally), and cleaning up messes. But, they are honestly so, so, so cute when they make a mess!

Which would explain why I still do things like let them make sugar cookies (we did that earlier today) or feeding them spaghetti in the middle of the day:-) Even though that means even more of getting them dressed (again) and washing up (again) and sweeping the floor (I would say again but we just aren't that clean:-), AND...now they are napping. Except I keep hearing giggles from their room




8 comments:

Lisa said...

Awe! I'm with you though - those two are just too cute, it's hard to care!

Anonymous said...

I love your family and miss my little children.
Dana

Jamie and Lindsey said...

That sounds a little like my days. Only my nail olish is well hidden now :) We learned our lesson too! We still have nail polish all over our bathroomm wall.

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

Wow, you're 2 girls do what my 1 girl does!!! Count your blessings, and yes, you are crazy! But I love ya that way...don't ever change!

Natasha said...

awe they are so cute and adorable i know how you feel sometimes it's hard to get upset with them when they are so cute and im with staci count your blessings Aubrie does all of that by herself in a matter of minutes but I sure do love her and wouldn't trade my time with her for anything. Love ya babe wish you were closer so our little girls could play

Toad said...

I love how patient and loving you are. It's so refreshing to here someone look at the funny side of a situation that most of us wouldn't find funny at all :)

Ryan, Karen, Owen, and Ava said...

They're keeping you on your toes, but they are oh such beautiful little girls.

Felisha Funn said...

Hey Stephanie, I am so excited I just found your blog..Your family is so beautiful!!

Chat with you soon,
Felisha
You can check me out at ridiculouslygoodlookingfamily.blogspot.com