Saturday, November 13, 2010

Godzilla

Ken and the boys were out working on an Eagle Service Project for a boy in our ward, I just have to say, we have some pretty amazing Young Men in our ward. They are such a great example to my boys! When I asked Darin how the service project was when he got home, he said. "It was so FUN Mom, I want to go again!"

Which is totally fine with me, so long as they don't bring Godzilla home again.
Imagine my surprise when I call Ken's cell phone (wondering when he is going to come inside since I saw them drive-up 15 minutes before) and he tells me that they are trying to catch a lizard that was in the Suburban. I actually told him, "What's the big deal, I totally need your help upstairs." I was pretty annoyed that he wasn't helping me over a little 1" lizard.
Until I saw it. Oh my gosh, that thing was HUGE! Thank goodness they caught it. It was super fast too! So the service project that Ken and the boys were helping out with was cleaning up a cemetary. They were trimming trees and putting wood through the woodchipper. Ken had our boys and the other 11 year old scouts put a bunch of wood in the back of our car because we were planning on going camping in a few weeks. That's how Godzilla got in our car.
We kept him around for a few days before letting him go. The girls thought he was the neatest thing. This guy was so big that even Phoebe chased after him, which is something she never does. She never goes after the little bunnies or bird in our yard, but she turned into a real dog over this guy.

1 comment:

Ken said...

I still don't understand how such a huge lizard stowed away. Each piece of wood was handled by at least 4 boys/guys, I don't see how they missed the monster.