Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ginger's First Days at Preschool

This school year marks Ginger's first forays into school, well preschool anyways. Sure she has hung around with Rose's various groups throughout the year, but this year is all about Ginger.

She is actually in 3 different groups:

  • Tuesdays is a group of 8 kids/moms from a couple of wards we have been in.

  • Wednesdays she goes to "Charity's House", that what she calls it. Charity, is my fabulous 2nd Counselor in Primary who is also a fabulous preschool teacher.

  • Thursdays I switch off with my good friend Lisa.

    It's a pretty aggressive schedule considering that Ginger is still super attached to us! Also, since I didn't really plan anything until a week before school started. It was really kind of crazy.

    To ease Ginger's transition, and mine too, I taught the first week of preschool.
    She was all smiles at the end of the day and couldn't wait to show her Daddy what she did.
    We made apple bread, it was so yummy!


    Charity had an open house the first week so the kids could check out the preschool room. It is so darling! Of course chocolate chip cookies make most 3 year olds feel pretty comfortable and happy.
    Ginger was also able to do a couple of stations of activities.
    Here she is with Charity! This is the first time I have let one of my children attend a preschool. Technically the boys tried one out for 3 weeks before I pulled them out of it. It's been pretty fabulous for both me and Ginger and I absolutely trust Charity. More then that, I feel like it's a very good experience for Ginger. Charity is so loving and such a great teacher.
    This is Ginger all dressed up and ready to go to her first day of preschool at Charity's house. She was very excited!
    And her cute backpack!
    That first day of school I promised Ginger that if she went to preschool and didn't cry that I would take her to McDonald's after lunch. She did a great job, so she got her McDonald's. Ginger has also asked me pretty much everyday ever since if I will take her to McDonald's when I pick her up. Ken's not helping matters much because the couple of times I asked him to pick her up, he took her to McDonald's.

  • It took about 6 weeks to get her to walk right in to preschool and be okay. But, she was strong and never cried. I would just have to stay with her for about 15 minutes and then slip out after she was playing.

    1 comment:

    Lisa said...

    Such a cute girl! We are glad to be a part of her week!!