Thursday, June 28, 2012

Jetskiing with Dad

On our trip in Cancun, Mexico, my dad gave Nathan and myself the choice to go jet skiing or para sailing. We decided to go jet skiing. After bargaining with the sellers we were able to get two hours of the wave runner for a 35% discount. My brother and I each got 1 hour with our dad on the wave runner.

This is Nathan, my dad, and myself just about to go on the Wave runners. I was the first one to go out on the wave runner.
This is my dad and I just about to go out to sea. It was the hardest part. It was very hard because sometimes the wave runner would submerge or be tipped by the wave or turned by a current.
My dad getting us out to sea.
The beautiful ocean that has a dark side to it. After a little while my dad gave me the controls to the wave runner and I started off. When I got a little exhausted I throttled down to an idle, then out of nowhere a huge rogue wave knocked me and my dad off the Wave runner and in the process dragged the Wave runner to the  beach. In the first three seconds the Wave runner was pushed 50 feet away from my dad and I. By the time we got half way down to the beach a lifeguard caught our wave runner, came to us and started to pull us toward the beach, when we got to the wave area the lifeguard accidentally caught a wave on the wave runner and was yanked off of it. Then the life guard had to chase the wave runner since he didn't have his safety clip clipped to the off button. While the lifeguard fetched the wave runner, my dad and I swam the rest of the way to shore. After we got to shore my dad and I got back on our wave runner and headed back to sea.
Nathan and the girls playing the train game.
Nathan, Rose, and Ginger snorkeling in the little kids pool.
After one hour one of the lifeguards that patrolled the waters came to pick up Nathan and bring him to our wave runner and bring me back to the beach so I could be with my sisters.
Nathan hopping the waves on the Wave runner.
Nathan and my dad Jet skiing.
Me coming back from the ocean after getting sick of going too fast.
Me in the pool and having a great time.

When it was my brother's turn I took pictures of my brother and my dad.




Nathan and my dad after jet skiing.


This blog is written by Darin Tietjen for his communications merit badge.

1 comment:

Shanon said...

Great job, Darin! You should start a blog journal. I enjoyed reading about your jet skiing adventures and you took great pictures, too!