For my baking day last week I made Banana Bread. I'm really not a fan of banana bread and usually make apple, zucchini, pumpkin, or carrot. I had ripe bananas and was feeling too lazy to peel and grate anything else. Someone "spooked" our house with Banana bread a few weeks before and my kids tore into that sucker, grabbing chunks with their fists. This time they were slightly more genteel, but probably only because I sliced it. Apparently, the lack of ever eating Banana bread turns my kids into monkeys whenever they have some:-).
When Rose asked me what we made when I picked her up from the bus stop she got so excited and ran all the way home. I am liking the consistent baking days in that it gives my kids something to look forward too. Especially, ever since I switched it to Weds. which is our church's activity night. I just make bread and they fill up their tummies with that after school and later that night if they are hungry after activities. Sometimes I make some scrambled eggs, but really if they drink a huge glass of milk I feel absolutely no need to make dinner on Activity night.Rose reminds me of the Cheshire Cat in this picture.
The kids were super excited to try out my balloon shooters that I had prepared for my Cub Scout Den this night.
I love cute little Ginger's expression.
Checking it out...
Ready, Aim, Fire! These suckers shoot far. As in they actually can shoot a marshmallows into our game room from the kitchen. That's like 20 feet high plus 30 feet away.
Nathan got into the action too. (Darin slept through the marshmallow war in the afternoon. He came home from school with a massive migraine and had to sleep it off)
The kids started bombarding Ken while he was working.
Tricky Daddy kept ducking behind his laptop. (I just have to add that moments like this make me so, so, SO thrilled to have Ken work from home).
Ginger decided to see how well it worked with lots of marshmallows It turns out it works pretty well! And it was back to a war and I escaped.
After me and Nathan got back from scouts Darin was awake and the marshmallow war started up again. Darin brought out his marshmallow gun but it turns out the one we made with a cup and balloon for free is way better and easier to use.
I should have provided pictures but I'm sure somewhere online some one has posted how to make it with pics attached. Basically you cut off half the bottom of a plastic cup (we double up to add stability and keep the balloon on). Tie a deflated balloon just like you normally would if it was filled with air. Snip off the top part of the rounded section. That is where you will stretch it over the ends of the cup that you cut off. And Viola! You have an extremely powerful, easy to use Marshmallow Gun!
My Cub Scouts absolutely loved them too, in case anyone had any doubts of 8 year old boys would be into them:)
No comments:
Post a Comment