Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Boogie Boarding

I am still getting over a bad head cold but couldn't resist taking the kids out to play in the ocean today.  It was gorgeous outside and the waves were awesome.  
There was a huge sandbar right in front of our condo that was only 1- 1 1/2 feet deep in between the waves.  It must have formed Sunday because it wasn't there on Saturday.  It made it super easy for the girls to catch waves too even though we were 200 feet from shore.
Of course Nathan was a total pro!
But even Ginger was able to get up high on the waves.
I did too!
Nathan and Obai (our neighbor from Wisconsin, he is originally from Saudi) love playing games and racing on waves.  Usually it's like bumper boats and they try to knock each other off the wave they are riding.
See how shallow it was for Ginger.  
I won't lie, it was totally fun to go boogie boarding with the kids.  It even helped my sinuses drain and my ears unplug.  Ken didn't really want me to go outside because last night I threw up because I was feeling so dizzy, I couldn't even walk upstairs on my own.  But today the cleaning lady came and the kids really needed to get out since we never swim on Sundays.  I think it ended up being the best thing for me and I am feeling so much better.
Darin and Ginger
Rose tried to boogie board a few times but she opted to just swim around.  She really loves to dive under the waves just as they are about to crash on her.
Me and Darin.  It helps to go with him because he always tells me which one to take.  The water was just gorgeous today!
Nathan out in front of it.
Obai is becoming like my 5th child:)  
Today was a full working day for Ken.  He was massively behind on emails since he took off a couple of days last week for the 4th of July.  And he is also trying to get ahead because we are going to a hotel in a couple of days to celebrate our anniversary, so me and the kids were pretty much on our own today but he joined us for about an hour and a half out on the beach for his lunch break.
Darin
Nathan was super happy about that and he raced his dad to see who could hang onto the wave the longest and go the furthest.  They nearly knocked me and Ginger down one time:)
And another race.
And it's back to the grindstone for Ken!
Clearly he hates his job:)  Especially with the ocean view.  Umm, My Darling can you let me know you are skype-ing with a colleague before I walk behind you in my swimsuit!
There are definitely times when I feel that he has to pay a heavy price to work from home.  Whether if that is with extra responsibilities, less recognition, more stress, and lots of hours.  But then there are times like this when I feel like he has the greatest gig in the world and that it is such a huge blessing for our family!

Me and the kids spent another hour on the beach building sandcastles and swimming.  Then we went to the pool for a couple of hours and ate lunch there.  I ended up even having a cat-nap while I read my book.  It was a pretty delightful day!

No comments: