Sunday, February 2, 2014

Souper Bowl

I'm the VP of Hospitality for Nathan's Middle School.  I volunteered for this at the beginning of the year when I had all these nice lovely, visions of free time with our baby, Ginger entering Kindergarten.  Then, BAM I finally get pregnant. 
 
Actually, it hasn't been so bad.  There is about one event a month to thank the teachers and staff for their service.  And I get TONS of help from parents.  Couldn't pull it off without their help.
 
We had a "Souper" Bowl luncheon the Friday before the Super Bowl.  Lots of Soup...
 Salad and Breads...
 And Treats!
The soups were divine.  I stayed at the school all day and basically tried some of every single one.  They were so good and we had so much that I had Ken come join me for lunch.  It was Friday afterall and we always go out to lunch on Fridays, plus we pretty much eat every lunch together.

Supreme Pizza Soup.  Seriously, so good!  All the toppings on a supreme pizza.
 Calico Beans.  Again so yummy!  My friend in our ward made this and it was so good, not at all like I expected.  Kind of sweet with sausage in it.
 Chicken Tortilla.  I know it's repetitive but really, really good.  She had fresh toppings to go with it.
 Corn Chowder. 
 Tamale Soup.  It made me crave tamales for like two weeks afterwards.
 I don't remember what this one was called but Ken really liked it.
 Potato Soup. 
 Broccoli Cheese.  This was gobbled up by the staff first. 
 Spinach Vegetarian Soup.  Made me almost convert to being a vegetarian:)
It's been fun to be at the school for these events.  Especially in middle school where I feel like parents don't interact much with the teachers.  It's kind of lame that I decided to volunteer with our last kid attending his last year there (the girls will be going to the new middle school when they get to that point).  But I've gotten lots of compliments on Darin and Nathan from teachers who have taught them over the years and Heaven knows that the teachers deserve all the love they can get.

No comments: