
Yesterday I purchased 6 brand new fluffy pillows for my bed. Is there really anything better then new, comfy, squishy, and pristine white pillows???
Pillows that have never been:
*Cried on
*Sneezed into
*Drenched with Sweat
*Slobbered on
*Snotty Noses Rubbed into
*Drooled on
*Screamed into
*Coughed at
You get the picture
This entire month there hasn't been a day when someone in our family hasn't been sick (which means in Mom and Dad's bed sick). And it all came to a head these past 7 days, when everyone except for Darin was sick. It started with Ginger and has just flowed from there. We have all gotten some virus that last f-o-r-e-v-e-r! It takes like 10 days to get completely well. Ironically now that everyone is pretty much on the mend now, and Darin may be getting sick. I have been doing some major de-germing in our house. Everything is being sanitized.
Although it hasn't been that big of a deal because I actually learned how to get my household clutter and cleaning under control about 2 months ago thanks to my Big Sis who recommended Fly Lady.
http://www.flylady.net/Even with feeling awful and being out of commission for 4 days my sink and counters weren't piled with dishes, crumbs were vacuumed up everyday by this amazing invention.

I was able to wash a ton of bedding because my laundry has been kept up and put away. I don't think I could have slept on my dirty, sweaty sheets for another night.
And all the rooms were pretty clean thanks to this Great guy who cleaned up my whole downstairs on the Sunday night before he left for his business trip. However the miracle, is that the 2000 sq. feet that makes up our downstairs was picked up enough that it didn't take 5 hours to clean it.

The good thing about being sick is that all of a sudden my whole week was cleared of any obligations and I have had tons of free time. Unfortunately all of our free time that wasn't spent at the 4 different Dr. appointments this week has been spent like this...



Except for Ginger who originally got sick 21/2 weeks ago. I thought she was still sick but instead she was just teething. She got two more bottom teeth. But, then I took her to her well-check and she got 4 shots. She's had some up and down moments because of all of that. But mainly she has been like this...


The Trash Can has become her new Favorite Toy. So far we have pulled out many books, Lego's, Tupperware, rattles, music instruments, doll body parts, her blankie, and the worst and most frustrating thing was my iPod!
Mon-Weds. of this week Ken was in North Carolina for an emergency business trip. I have to say with us all being sick at home my life was alot easier then his. I felt pretty sorry for him so I spent the two nights he was gone working on a surprise for him.


I finished patching all of the walls and trim for his new office, painted the trim, ceiling and the french doors. The French Doors took 3 coats of paint on each side, seriously it was a 6 hour project. I'm glad it is done and now his office actually seems like it will get done since only the walls need to be painted now.
Ken loved it! I can't believe he was actually surprised since he heard me working on it when we had our nightly 2hour long phone calls. But apparently not.
I'm glad he is home and his trip was very successful (but alot of hard work and hardly any sleep for him) and I get to search the house to see what couch he has decided to work on for the day.

Today it looks like he is favoring the one in our room, but that could be because I made our bed this morning and our new pillows are really a thing of BEAUTY! Which begs the question again of why we are making him a new office???
8 comments:
Glad you guys are surviving! And good job on the office! I won't even recognize the place when I see it next!
I think those pillows look great! I've been cleaning all day and now I think I need some of those pillows! Great job on the doors, I would love to see an after shot of them. I bet Ken was pretty happy when he got home and saw that you worked so hard for him.
Ahhhh, nice fluffly pillows! I can't wait to have enough energy to get my room back together again. I hope everyone starts to feel better soon!
Those pigtails on Ginger are so cute! I'm glad that everyone is feeling better!
I really can't imagine how it is to have a family of 6 all sick at the same time. It is exhausting just to think about it! I bet the new pillows and the painting of the office feels very rewarding. I miss you!
im glad everyone is feeling better. those pics of ginger are so cute miss you babe
Glad you are all on the mend. I love fly lady too! You can do ANYTHING for 15 minutes!
I can be switzerland BECAUSE I went to BYU...I have no hatred toward anyone! J/K I just respect both schools (I might be going back to school through the U of U because they have the major/minor combo I want and Trax to get there)
Post a Comment